chapter one.

trigger warning - attempted suicide. this book is simply meant to raise awareness about suicide and self harm.
-
this book was edited to correct any typo's or mistakes!
-
[alexander's p.o.v]
-
i get out of my car and approach a freckled boy. he's on a bridge, gripping the railing looking down at the water.

"sir..?" i whispered softly, not wanting to suddenly scare him, but it seems as if he has already noticed me.

"if you're gonna try to talk me out of suicide, just go. it won't work. i'm sure this time.. i can't take it anymore.."

i sighed. "well.. can we atleast talk..?"

he hesitates, but turns his head to look at me, "..i guess so.."

"alright.. what's your name?" i ask softly, examining his face.

his eyes are glossed over with a dead look, his eyes were slightly red and puffy as if he was crying.

poor thing..

"john.." he whispered softly.

i nodded. "i'm alexander, it's nice to meet you. may i ask how old you are?"

"i'm 20.."

"i'm 21. where do you work?"

"i don't have a job.."

"oh. i'm a police officer, but i'm sure you already knew that," I chuckled softly.

he cracks a soft, small smile. such a sweet sight to see..

i sighed softly. "may i ask why you want to take your life?"

"i..i don't know.. i just.. life is too much for me to handle.. b-but i.. oh god, what am i doing..? i don't wanna die-"

john slowly turns to face me and tried to step over the fence back over onto the pedestrian sidewalk but slips..

//cliffhanger <3