~15~

Throughout the next few days, Zak and Harvey had started a strange friendship centered around weird food combos.

"Okay, first to hit the can, best out of three. Winner gets to combine leftover stuff from the spices section and the loser has to eat it. Ready, GO!"

a/n: okay, i know 7-Eleven probably doesn't sell spices, but for the sake of this chapter, let's just say they do.

Zak was up two to one, determined to make Harvey eat the most disgusting spice mixture ever.

He threw a pebble at the can, missing by an inch.

"WhaT?" he cried, "Why didn't that hit??"

"HA!" Harvey responded, also missing the can.

"This is so stupid."

Zak threw his arms up and reached into the void, pulling out a large rock, and dropping it on the can.

It promptly fell over.

"Yes! I wiN!"

"That's not fair, you cheated," Harvey protested.

"Cheat? What? Me? I'd never!"

"You used your ability."

"Hahah! We never said that was against the rules."

"What do you mean? My power doesn't let me cheat! Only yours!"

"Fine, fine. How bout this? I make a spice mixture and you have to eat it. But then you can make one and I'll eat it."

"Okay, fine."

They started too the spice area, grabbing random jars off the shelf.

Zak grabbed a bottle of cinnamon, black pepper, rosemary, and a packet of taco seasoning. He summoned one of those tiny red party cup shot glasses, and dumped the taco seasoning inside, along with way too much cinnamon, half of the bottle of pepper, and just a dash of rosemary to top it all off.

He turned back to Harvey, who also had a tiny red cup, and they exchanged the cups of certain death.

"Cheers," he said, unprepared for the horror yet to come.

"Cheers."

They both dumped the contents of the cups, and immediately started coughing and spitting it out.

"What the fUCk is this, this HURTS to eat," Zak cried after getting a majority of the concotion out of his mouth.

"I would say the same to you," Harvey said, taking a huge gulp of water.

"The hell did you put in here?"

"Chili powder, onion powder, cinnamon, thyme, and a bay leaf. You?"

"Taco seasoning, pepper, cinnamon, and rosemary."

"I'm never doing that again."

"Same."

Darryl joined them, having been on the roof keeping watch.

"Oh, my turn for watch, I guess," said Harvey, getting up, and heading to the ladder to the roof.

"Have fun! Don't die!" Zak called.

"Haha. Very funny. I'm actually laughing."

After a few seconds, Harvey was gone from sight and Zak turned back to Darryl.

"Hey."

"Hey. What were you guys doing with the spices?"

"Snorting them."

"What? Why? That's so dumb! People have died from that, you know."

"Yeah yeah, I was just kidding."

"Good. Wait what were you actually doing?"

"Oh, loser had to make the other eat a spice mixture but I cheated by accident so we agreed to both do it."

"You muffins, I can't believe you actually did it."

"Yeah, it was terrible."

There was a brief awkward silence, before Zak had an idea.

One that would probably backfire on him spectacularly, but one he was committed to trying nevertheless.

"I'm leaving, I'm hungry, I require food," Darryl said, standing up.

"Hey, maybe we should kiss. What do you think, under the pale moonlight."

"Uh, no, that's not happening."

"Spotlight uh, moonlight uh, come on."

"No."

"Just a little kiss."

"No."

"Just a little kiss."

"No kiss!"

"Just mwah, like that."

"No!"

"At the same time. Okay ready? 1, 2- are you gonna do it?

"No, I'm not gonna do it!"

"Come on."

"No."

"I-I've never kissed a girl before."

"That would be too- well I'm not a girl, so there you go!"

"Yeah, but it counts if I'm still attracted to you, right?"

"No it doesn't count!"

"I've never . . . touched . . . any . . . female. I've never held hands with- I've never kissed a girl . . . please . . . JUST DO IT FOR ME! DO IT FOR ME!"

"No, that seems like a you problem-"

"DO IT FOR ME! Please?"

"Oh my goodness, FINE."

"1, 2, 3."

"Mwah."

"There."

Darryl pressed a quick kiss into Zak's cheek, the other amazed that he'd been able to goad him into doing so.

"Wow, you are . . . you have problems."

"SERIOUSLY?"

Zak let out a laugh, Darryl's frustration very evident.

"You told me too! I'm flippin done."

"I'm so done."

"I'm done."

"Oh my goodness."

Darryl left, probably to get cheesy fries or pickle chips, while Zak continued to laugh, falling to the floor.

a/n: spotlight uh, moonlight uh

OH MY GOD THANK U GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS YALL ARE AMAZING 

no lie though, i almost started crying when i saw that so thank you all again, sorry I might not have an update tomorrow cause i don't have any chapters written, but thank you guys so much ily all :)))