~30~

Finn let out a sigh.

The mind controller guy and his friend left not too long after telling him they were going to cut off his hands.

Well, he was going to cut off his own hands.

The other guy- Phil, said he was an eight, whatever that meant.

Regardless, Finn was able to see his face.

Which meant that he could shift into his form.

He made his arm smaller, and was able to slip his wrist out of the cuff that was keeping him stuck to the wall.

From there, he did the same with the rest of his limbs, all restraining him similarly.

Some kid had come into that room earlier with Phil, who had bent the metal and wrapped them around his arms and legs.

It was uncomfortable.

Finn sat on the floor, waiting for the everlasting footsteps to stop.

When they finally did, Finn shifted into Phil's form.

He took a second, cleared his throat, making sure his voice shifted accordingly.

Then he opened the door.

The hallway was clear, and Finn made his way down, taking a guess as to which direction to go.

He just went right, recognizing the familiar cafeteria.

"Oi, Phil. Come to check on things?" asked one of the older girls who was hanging around the edges of the room, overseeing the rowdy room.

"Uh, yeah," Finn said, cautiously. "How's everything going?"

"Racket cleared up," she replied. "Right after they took those two kids away, things went pretty much back to normal."

"Oh, thanks," he responded. "Um, I guess I'll be going now."

As he turned to leave, the girl put a hand on his shoulder.

"Phil, you alright? You seem off."

"Yeah, yeah. Tired, that's all."

Finn started out the room, shifting into one of the random guards he had seen before.

Where the hell was the damn exit?

He turned another corner, shifting into another kid he'd seen.

"Hey kid! Where you going?"

Finn turned around in a flash.

It was the same girl, the one he'd just talked to.

"You know you're not supposed to be in these hallways. What are you doing here?"

Finn looked down, not saying anything, trying to look like a scared kid.

"What, do you need help back to your bunk? Let's go."

She grabbed his arm and practically dragged him down a few more hallways, before dropping him off in a long hallway.

"Go on."

Finn turned and opened a random door on the left, praying that someone wasn't in there.

The door opened, and thankfully, no one screamed for him to get out.

"If I see you in those hallways again, there'll be much bigger consequences. Such as an eye. Or a finger. You've been warned."

She slammed the door shut.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Finn shifted back to his original form.

"Jesus christ, there's no escape from this place," Finn muttered under his breath.

It was then that he noticed the open window.

Slowly, Finn slipped through it, landing softly on the ground.

He made a break for the street, surprised that no one had noticed him so far.

After around ten minutes of running and hiding, Finn finally reached the border.

This was the tricky part.

He could just make a run for it, hoping the guards didn't see him and shoot him.

He could also try to bribe them or something.

He doubted that'd work.

Or he could wait for the next shift, when they'd switch posts.

So he waited.

It was around half an hour and the sun was starting to set.

But finally.

Finally.

A tall lanky kid started to make his way up the street.

And Finn took this opportunity.

"This is so stupid," the kid muttered under his breath, as he fiddled with his gun.

He snuck up behind him and covered his mouth, hitting him over the head with a rock, leaving him unconscious.

"Josh! You good?" a female voice called.

"Yeah," Finn called back, mimicking his voice. "Just tripped."

"Alright, if you're fine, then I'm leaving."

Finn shifted, turning into the unconscious boy in front of him, and grabbed the gun, standing up, and concealed the body.

"Have fun."

She started walking away, and once she was far enough away, Finn shifted back.

And with that, he booked it.

Not in any particular direction.

Just anywhere far from this hell hole.

a/n: sorry this was so late, i forgot to actually press publish.

also this chapter picks up directly after 27 so yeah. i bet you all know what's gonna happen right after this :))) thank you all for reading ilyyyyyyy