Chapter 10

Jungwoo was at a local cafe just a block from the Seoul's bus terminals, heading to Chuncheon. He took a sip from his coffee as he got off from his stool and walked out of the cafe.

He started to walk for about 10 minutes and finally made it before the counters were open. A not so long line occurs right in front of his eyes as he sighed, wondering if he could make it before the tickets run out.

Jungwoo immediately lines up and patiently waited for his turn. His foot tapped the ground vigorously as he kept looking down at his watch, the earliest bus should be leaving in the next half hour. A sudden tap on his shoulder made him jump, he turned to the side and saw kun with a smile on his face, holding up two tickets.

"kun? what are you doing here?" jungwoo questions his friend.

"i am coming with you," he said confidently.

"why? what about lucas?"

"he's with the dreamies, we got no schedule anyways," he explains. Jungwoo responded with a short nod.

"your family doesn't mind right?" kun spoke up once more as he stopped his tracks looking at his friend. Jungwoo can't help but to let out a chuckle, reassuring his friend that it was totally okay for him to tag along. He thought having kun around could keep him company as his sister was out of the states as well.

Kun sighs in relief and they both made their way into the bus.

-

Its been two days since the tragedy. Shinrae has been trying to recover, she seems to be doing a good job at hiding it. Having a smile on her face infront of her family and cried when she's alone. What's worse was the nightmares she has been having in the middle of the night. Jaemin caught her screaming once, last night.

It was about 2 in the morning when it happened. He was woken by the screams when he fell asleep on the couch downstairs. Jaemin was a light sleeper and the screams made his eyes open in an instant. He knew it was hers, he quickly ran up to her room to see her crying loudly with her legs up her chest, hugging them tight.

Panicked, he quickly rushed to her, trying to calm her down. She flinched at his touch and backed away.

"hey its okay, you're home shinrae, you're safe okay?," he shushed her as his hand slowly reached her back, slowly rubbing it to calm her down.

"w-why me?" she cried louder.

Jaemin quickly brought her closer and wrapped his arms around her. Suprisingly, her cries didn't woke up the family, he was glad because he knew she didn't want her parents to know about what happened. She cried in his arms till she cooled down, drifting back to sleep.

Hours passed and its was daytime, Jaemin slowly flutters his eyes open and yawned as he stretched his arms. He rubbed his eyes and turned to see it was half passed nine. After getting freshened up, he headed downstairs to see the family seated, eating breakfast.

"looks like somebody's overslept," Uncle Jin cheered. Jaemin can't help but chuckle and sat down, infront of Shinrae. She wore a sweater and shorts, hair up in a bun. He can't help but to stare, she seems fine.

"hey son, something last minute just came up back in the office so Shinrae is gonna take you for your therapy today" Uncle Jin explains. He turned to Shinrae and then back to the old man.

"oh no its okay i ca-" he stutters, he was worried about her after what has happened. He just think it won't be such a good idea for her to go out for now.

"yeah im taking you," she said bluntly as she looked up at him while chewing her food.

-

"its Dr.Lim okay sweetie," Uncle Jin told her daughter for the third time. Shinrae stood by the front door and waved her father goodbye as he entered his car.

She turned around to see Jaemin with a black shirt and pants heading down the stairs. He had a mask on as well, so that fans won't know it was him. Shinrae thought it doesn't do much other than making people to suspect more but in such a town, she guessed its fine.

"you ready?" she said and he responds with a simple yes. She nods and headed back inside to get her stuff.

"mom! jaemin and i are going now!" she yelled as she runs down the stairs with a mask on, identical to the one jaemin's using.

"okay, be careful!" Aunt Soo yells from her room. Jaemin yells back with an okay and had an eye on Shinrae, staring at the mask.

"why are you wearing that?" he pointed out.

"you do know that this thing doesn't do much right?" she scoffs.

"its a just in case type thing, if a fan finds out you're you then at least i won't have to be the topic of the town too," she explains.

The two finally headed out of the house and took a taxi to the clinic. She signed him in for his therapy session and waited patiently for his turn. Both sat down next to each other, silent. By the time jaemin's name was called, both stood up from their seat.

"how long does this usually lasts?"

"you're not coming?" she shook her head.

"what? why?" he said.

"i just need some air," she simply said.

Jaemin stood there and stared. She looked at him and saw the worry in his eyes.

"I'll be done in an hour," he answered. Shinrae gave him a small smile before walking away. He grabs a hold of her wrist, making her turn around with a confused look.

"just come in! are you sure you're okay all by yourself because i just can-"

"jaemin, I'm okay trust me," she said as she carefully lets go of jaemin's hand from hers.

"I'll be okay," she said as she walks away and slowly faded from his sight.

Jaemin stood there speechless. He revised his actions and thought to himself just why did he react in such a way. It wasn't wrong to care for a person as he also has dealt with stuff back in the dorms with his members too but he thought his sense of caring was different.

"Mr.Na?" the doctor called out from him. He shook his thoughts and apologized as he enters the room.

Shinrae took a stroll down the street and breathe in the air. She wasn't lying when she said she needed to get some fresh air. She also thought it was abit odd for jaemin to react in such a way just now, she was shocked.

Why does he care so much?

She took a turn and entered a 7/11 store. Curious herself, she went into the isles searching for something.

"hair dye," she smiled as she grabs a hold of the box stated as black hair dye. She wanted to get one for Jaemin. She thought it would be a good component to be used to "blend" in with the town. Jaemin currently has bright brown hair, quite eye catching.

She walked slowly as she reads through the box, heading towards the counter and suddenly bumped into someone, making her backed away and dropped the box.

"geez jungwoo, no need to push!" the male scolded his friend. He rushed into the store searching for items.

"you're so slow!" he yells.

"i am so sorry, we were in a rush," the male apologized as he went down and picked up the hair dye from the ground and lends it to her.

"it's okay i understand," she smiled.

"may i ask why?" she added and the male chuckled.

"its just for his grandma, he needed to make her some of her favorite soup but some stuff ran out," he said with a smile.

"he can get a little freaky at times when he doesn't get what he wants" he added making her turn to his friend, who was crazily shuffling through the shelves searching for something. The scene infront of the two made them laugh.

"I'm kun," he said as he put up his hand.

"shinrae, nice to meet you," she said as she shook his hand.

"you too! well i got to go now before he, yeah" he said as they both chuckled.

"yea sure," she said as the two walked away from each other, she headed straight towards the cash register and exited the store, heading back to the clinic.