Chapter seventeen

"We get more angry with the people we love the most."

-----------------------------

•Kyle•

"So, what should we do today?" Rae asks me as we wash the dishes after breakfast.

"I don't know, I'd stay in here the whole weekend if it's up to me," I say, handing her a plate so she can dry it.

"Hmm... sounds good to me." She smiles and puts away the plate before taking the cup I just washed and drying it.

"Really? Do you wanna stay in?" I raise an eyebrow at her, knowing she usually wants to go out on the weekends.

"Actually..." she starts, and I roll my eyes with a smile. "How about we go meet up with Trevor and Jess?"

"Yeah, we haven't spent time with them this week." I agree. "I'm surprised Jess didn't burst through that door yet."

"I'm half expecting her to." Rae chuckles as I put the last plate away.

"They're probably still in bed hungover. Yesterday was Friday night, after all."

We go into the bedroom and Rae plops down on the bed as I open our closet.

"I'll call her," Rae says as she reaches for her phone.

I take out some clothes at random and throw them on before opening her side of the closet. I usually pick out an outfit for her when she's feeling lazy-- which is most of the time, and she never complains about my choices.

Putting the phone on speaker, she lies down on her back and places it next to her head.

"Sup Rae!" an excited voice rings through the phone, and I wonder for a moment if it really is Jess or someone else with an extremely similar voice.

Rae glances at me and I see the same surprised look on her face. "Hey... what's up? Why are you so cheerful at 8:00 in the morning?"

"What, do I always have to be so grumpy in the morning?" Jess chuckles.

"Okay, you're sort of creeping me out," Rae laughs, sitting up. "You better tell me what happened, Missy."

"Well... not that it has anything to do with my excitement but... Trevor is taking me to his cousin's cabin for the weekend. He'll introduce me to the rest of his family. And there's a lake and everything... it's gonna be fun."

Rae raises a brow at the phone as if Jess could see her expression. "And that doesn't have anything to do with your excitement?"

"Well... I'm just in a good mood. That's all!" Jess exclaims. Rae and I share a look, amused by her stubbornness.

"Sure..."  rolls her eyes with a grin. "I'm so happy for you. Are you guys together now?"

"We were, but I came back to my house so I can pack some clothes while he gets ready. He's probably on his way here by now."

"Morning, Sis." I butt in, throwing some dark jeans and a blue top that I know is one of her favorites at Rae. She catches it right before it hit her face and grins at me.

"Oh hey Kyle! Didn't know you were there too."

"Yeah, good to know you remembered me," I say flatly as Rae starts taking off her pajamas.

"I was gonna ask for you, I swear." Jess giggles, and I can't help but grin.

Rae walks to the drawer and starts searching for her bra in the midst of her messy clothes. "It's over there," I point at the chair next to the closet and she turns around to find it sitting there. "I really need to start organizing this room," she says while reaching for it.