D-Day The Beginning Of WWII

On September 1, 1939 WWII Begins.

Over 50 countries take part and 65 Million are killed.

It is the deadliest conflict in human history.

Nazi soldiers and tanks are seen moving into France, Luftwaffe seen bombing London  and  Daniels is seen joining the military.

Radio Broadcast: With Unmatched ferocity, Hitler's War Machine has launched its blitzkrieg against Western Europe…

Radio Broadcast: pushing it to the brink.

Radio Broadcast: As we brace for our darkest hour, we must summon our strength to be the bulwark against oppression.

Radio Broadcast: The Nazi onslaught will be the greatest test we'll ever face.

Radio Broadcast: But with our Allies, face it and defeat it, we must.

Excerpt from Franklin D. Roosevelt’s D-Day Prayer speech appears with black and white scenes showing the events that will happen in the game.

Roosevelt: This day we set upon a mighty endeavor.

Roosevelt: A struggle to preserve our civilization…

Roosevelt: and to set free a suffering humanity

Roosevelt: Our Sons.

Roosevelt: Pride of our nation.

Roosevelt: Lead them straight and true.

Roosevelt: Their road will be long and hard. Mens' souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

Roosevelt: In this hour of great sacrifice...

Roosevelt: we shall prevail.

Cutscene then transitions to the Navy ships that are heading to the beaches of France and Yn Daniels writing a letter to his brother Paul Thomas Daniels.

Daniels: Paul, it's June 6th 1944. Wish you could see this brother. We're invadin' some frog beach I'm not supposed to even know the name of. All so we can take back France from the Nazis. But the waitin's been half the battle.

Inside the Attack Cargo Ships living quarters. Daniels is hanging out and talking with his squadmates Robert Zussman, Frank Aiello and Drew Stiles

Zussman tells a story about how he got beaten up by his high school football captain for refusing to give up his watch  and that he decided to get revenge on the football team in a poker game.

Zussman: So he asks me for my watch and I'm thinking, "What the hell do you want my watch for you're the captain of the Goddamned football team." But I turn around, and I fell this punch. And it's cold like ice.

Daniels describes his experience so far and describes Zussman in the letter to Paul

Daniels:I made some good buddies in basic, an' they're all on the boat with me. Everybody's scared as hell, but nobody's lettin' on.