Chapter 1

(five years later)

Eclipse was glad she lived on Dirone, the only place she and all her kind will be safe, according to Queen Honeydew. This was where Earthquaker met Foreseer and created all its inhabitance. This has been Eclipse's home for all her lives. Dirone is a place where most dragons traveling from Pyrrhia to Pantala end up and make hybrids. She and her brother, Rockminer, were hybrids from LeafWings, NightWings, RainWings, SandWings, and IceWings. Eclipse was mostly LeafWing, from her mother, and Rockminer was mostly NightWing, from their father. Eclipse's main powers were leaf speak and seeing the most likely immediate future. She also had some freezing venom that comes out of her tail, but it was too weak to count as the main power. Her brother had a venom barb and camouflage. He also had some frost breath, but it was also weak.

Earthquaker was the dragon who created the Earth. He was an animus. He created all the original tribes, and married a NightWing explorer, named Foreseer, and created the first hybrids, Earthquake, Jewel, and Honey. Honey and Jewel were his favorites, so he created an animus toughed object in their honor and created Dirone as a mine land for them. He called them Honeydews. They are opals that are the most precious jewel in all of the world. He made all the hybrids mine them if they wanted the safety of the island.

Eclipse had mined them ever since she could carry a pickax. It wasn't as much as work then a daily chore. She was used to the long hours in the caves, digging in the walls for the sacred gem. Once, she had gotten stuck in a collapsed cave with her best friend, Polar, a mostly IceWing with frost breath as her main power. She had messed around with freezing the entrance of their cave and it collapsed. Rockminer had to call for the whole village to dig them out. They were taken to Queen Honeydew, and she punished then.

Eclipse and Polar were the trouble makers of the island. Whenever something bad happened, they always had something to do with it. The memories were brought as Eclipse mined side by side with Polar and Rockminer. Polar was usually punished more harshly because of her IceWing origins. Eclipse didn't get why they had a hatred for IceWings, but that it had something to do with Honeydews. The island had respect for NightWings because of Foreseer. That she got. It also had to do with some long-time rivalry between the tribes on the Distant Kingdom, Pyrrhia.