chapter thirty six

Jennie doesn't remember falling asleep on her couch, all she could remember was the banging ass meal that she had before actually drifting off, the movie that she was watching still playing on the TV, the girl laying on her back with her arms holding her pillow tightly. She had been having difficulties going to sleep lately. Not only because as she got bigger it got harder to move and get comfortable but also because she kept on having those dream but real life like dreams every time she closed her eyes. It almost made it impossible for her to sleep peacefully but she needed the sleep she could get, she had to be healthy so she wouldn't cause any problems to how the baby would develop. Even though she had been kind of scared at first, as the days and weeks passed Jennie couldn't help but feel excited for the day that she would meet the baby, her baby. She was going to give life to something and even though didn't have in mind having a baby yet, she was really glad that she made the decision to keep it.

"Oh damn," Jennie said as she slowly moved on the couch, pulling herself up with her eyes half closed still, stretching a little bit before laying back down. Opening her eyes she got scared when she came across Lisa sitting down on the floor a couple steps away from her, the woman's head resting on the wall and her hands holding her phone, Lisa asleep with her mouth slightly hanging open. Laughing to herself while looking at her, Jennie felt a small kick in her belly, her eyes looking directly down at it and her hand touching the stretched skin lightly. "What was that?" Jennie asked since it was completely random, she had gotten used to get a slight pain everytime that the baby would move and eventually kick even a little bit. Looking at Lisa one more time she felt another kick hitting her, the girl laughing causing Lisa to open her eyes and make direct contact with her. Jennie just kept laughing while Lisa looked at her confused, her hands rubbing her eyes since she had just woken up.

"What? What happened?" Lisa asked and got up, stumbling a little bit since she had just opened her eyes, approaching Jennie and standing above her, her eyes analyzing the girl's figure. Those random outbreaks that Jennie had now and then were really confusing her , so much that she wondered how Jisoo was dealing with her all this time. She had only been with Jennie for the past two days, after finding out that the girl was pregnant and that she was going to be alone for those two days since Jisoo was back in Seoul taking care of the pub that Jennie left behind for her to look after, Lisa had to stay with her. Just in case anything happened. She couldn't just leave her like that, after talking to her and clearing up some things between them, she had no reason to not stay. She simply cared that much for her, she wasn't going to leave her alone. "Are you in pain?" Lisa asked as soon as she noticed that Jennie's hand was on her stomach, the woman falling to her knees so she would be on the same level as her.

"I wouldn't be laughing, Lisa" Jennie said and sat up on the couch, her eyes looking back at Lisa's who were filled with worry and fear that something wrong had happened, that look fading when she was reassured that the girl was just fine. Looking at her belly and feeling the baby moving, Jennie contemplated whether she should tell Lisa or not, the fact that even the baby, someone that wasn't even alive for good, liked Lisa was something hilarious for Jennie. Taking a better look at Lisa's face, Jennie felt her heart stop immediately, bringing back something that she swore was hidden in the back of her head, her hand suddenly reaching out attempting to touch the woman's face. Realizing that what she was going to do was weird, Jennie pulled back quickly and cleared her throat, not even addressing what went down in her head. "Snap out of it"  Jennie said to herself and smiled at Lisa who was looking at her with a small hint of worry in them.

"Are you hungry?" Lisa asked all of a sudden, her hand landing on Jennie's that was resting just a few inches away from hers. Throwing a quick look at Lisa's hand Jennie smiled and nodded, the woman getting up and disappearing in the kitchen while Jennie's eyes followed her. Well that was nice, having Lisa in the apartment. Considering the fact that she didn't want to see her just a couple days ago she found it strange. It's like she had this urge to be around her even if she was the one that she hated the most. Having her around her just gave her that feeling of being sure and safe, not just now that she was vulnerable and anything could go wrong, buy from the moment she actually got to know her. But thinking back she remembers herself having that feeling of trusting her from the first moment she talked to her, her mind never stopped screaming at her to keep Lisa in her life. "Ramen?" Lisa's voice came from the kitchen, Jennie snapping out of her thoughts and looking at the woman's head that had popped from the hallway, looking directly at her.