Prologue

Prologue

Where the breach had once been, near the small town of Haven, a small rift in the fade opened. This rift was different to all the others for it glowed blue and not green, as to why this was the case, no one can be certain.

Perhaps it was due to the young girl who fell from within it. Her body was physical though no one believed such a thing was possible as the only things to wonder the fade were spirits. Yet this girl was real, physical to touch and it was the first time her body had touched the ground of this world.

Her body hit the cold stone with a hard thump and the snow slowly fell upon the bare skin of her arms. The white silk dress barely covered her body as she lay there unconscious whilst the rift closed itself once again.

Her left hand bore a mark of beautiful blue swirls that flickered with a radiant glow as the rift closed and as the glow dimmed, she awoke. Her eyes opening to reveal the very same glow that merely lasted a moment.

Who she was? She couldn't say. Where she had come from? She didn't know.

For all that the young girl, born of a rift, could tell anyone was that she felt something pull at her though she didn't know as to what destination it would lead her too.