20

Chaeyoung's POV

A day has passed and I'm finally back into shape. We had a session with Lisa today, and I feel excited. She hasn't talked to me yet, and it's kinda bothering me.

"Come on, slowpoke!" I said as I literally dragged Yeri with me.

"What the hell? It's 4 in the morning!" She whined as I pulled her out of her bed. I tried to tickle her and it worked, but in return, she knocked the back of my head. We were both laughing on the ground, helpless.

"Okay fine, I know that you're excited to see your 'best friend'." She said, emphasizing the 'best friend' part. She went to our closet and picked some clothes, then she smacked my head before entering the bathroom.

"Bitch!" I shouted. Before she could close the door, she looked at me and showed me her middle finger. I laughed and went back to my bed.

I've been thinking why Lisa was acting like this. She would usually hang out with me, or maybe she'd pop out of nowhere just because she wants to. She would annoy me and I miss that. I miss her arrogant ass. I don't know why but I feel like she's pushing me away, and it hurts. My heart always aches whenever I see her with somebody else.

I sighed and shook off my thoughts. Maybe she's busy or something. Aish, why does my heart even hurt when I see her with someone else? That's completely normal. I can't be by her side 24/7, right? So why does it hurt when I'm just her best friend?

I snapped put of my thoughts when I heard the bathroom door open.

"You ready?" I asked and looked at the clock. It's already 5 am.

"Bitch I'm not. Our call time is at 7, can you not?" She jokingly asked. I glared at her and her face softened.

"Alright, alright. Let me just put on some baby powder on my face. Want some?" I nodded and flopped on her bed.

"I feel like you have a lot on your mind lately." She said while putting on her powder. My eyes almost widened.

"How did you know?" I asked. She looked at me and chuckled.

"I'm your bestfriend, fool." She said and tossed me her makeup bag or beauty kit.

"We should go and eat breakfast outside." I said.

"You don't want the food here?" She asked.

"It's not that. It's just... you know. Lisa." I sighed.

"The breakfast is good in Sonnet 116." She said. I nodded and followed her outside.

•••

"Welcome to Sonnet 116!" The staff greeted us. It felt warm and cozy, just like Paper Café. Sonnet 116 was farther than the café, so we had to rent a taxi just to go there. Thankfully, no one really recognized us because of the cap and masks.

"Can we order two of your bestsellers for breakfast?" She said. The cashier smiled and nodded.

"That would be 30 dollars please." The cashier said while working on the receipts. I handed out my money but Yeri didn't take it.

"This will be my treat." She whispered and pulled out the exact amount of money that we needed.

"Thank you! You can sit at table 15, ma'am." She said and pointed the table that she mentioned. We walked to the table and sat across each other.

"Does anyone want to speak in the open stage? Anyone?" One of the staffs said as they stood on the stage holding the mic. Someone stood up, a tall, feminine, familiar figure.

"Oh, we have a brave soul right here." The staff said and handed the mic to the woman.

"So I have this poem for the woman I love. She's probably not here, though I hope she is. Here I go." My eyes widened when I heard her voice.

"My love, you are my escape from reality.
you've always been my cup of coffee.
I would always find home in your eyes,
just like how i look at the pink skies.

But I still search for you.
In every night,
as i told the stars
about you.

And the moon reminds me;
missing something i've never owned.
As it slowly vanishes into the sea,
wanting to see and feel the warmth of sun.

I always miss you;
but i knew you'd be happier without me.
So, I got all these feelings shut.
I hope you really are happy, as i pretend to be.

I never knew we would be strangers,
well, with memories.
Living like teenagers,
discovering some mysteries.

I could see,
a stranger with familar face.
Distant like we're galaxies, far away.
Yet, still feeling your gravity."

My heart ached at every word that she uttered.

"Thank you for everything, Rosie."