Chapter 5: Yuna and Mom.

I got home that evening. When I opened the front door, I saw my mother's and sister's shoes there in the doorway. Looks like they're home.

"I'm home!", I shouted as I took off my shoes and placed them next to the other pair of shoes.

"Welcome home, hun. I'm in the kitchen", Mom said.

I went into the kitchen and saw Mom with her usual cooking apron, making dinner. From the looks of it, she's making (my favourite dinner). Yay! I was hoping she'll make that.

"Hey, mom", I greeted her. 

"Hey, dear, How was your-", Mom had looked to faced me but then stopped what she was saying abruptly. Her face looked strangely questioning as she looked at me.

Then Mom smiled brightly, almost mischievously. 

"Well, well", Mom said turning back around to continue making dinner, "I can't believe you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

WHAT?! How did she-?!

"How do you know that?!", I said all flustered. 

"Young lady, you should know by now you can't hide anything from me. Not even your lesbian porn collection."

I started to sweat and averted my eyes, pretending I didn't know what she was talking about. But she was right, I can't hide anything from her. It's like she has this all-seeing third eye. 

"Also", Mom leaned in toward me and whispered into my right ear, "You should really check your neck for hickeys."

Shit! I forgot Yuna bit my neck! 

I grabbed my neck to the spot Yuna bit, my face was red with shame. Mom laughed to herself, enjoying my embarrassment. 

"Ahem", Mom pretended to clear her throat and put on a fake serious voice, "Don't forget that school is a place of learning. I don't want to be called to your school one day because you caught up in your lust, young lady."

Geez, this is so embarrassing. I want to die. 

"So", Mom went back to her usual fun lovingly persona, turning to me, "When am I going to meet this lucky girl?"

Hopefully never. I have no idea how to even begin explaining Yuna to her. I obviously can't tell her about Yuna being a succubus, nor that she is willing to kill someone over me. I'll probably have to make up some kind of lie or something.

"I...don't know", I admitted. 

"Well, she seems to be making you pretty happy. You came into the kitchen with a big smile on your face. I haven't seen you smile like that before."

I did? I guess that isn't surprising. I did love the walk home with Yuna. I feel like I got to see a side of her that no one else has. 

I went beside mom, I removed my hand from my neck as the cat was out of the bag now.

"Hey, mom, have you ever loved someone to the point where you didn't care if you died?"

Mom raised a questioning eyebrow at my question, but then she gave it some serious thought.

"There was your father...but", Mom started to say, her attitude changing to that of annoyance, "But he wasn't my best of choices."

Dad left mom when she got pregnant with my little sister. He stood for me, but I guess he had it when another child came into the picture.

"Y/N", Mom looked at me and smiled, "If that girl makes you so happy to the point that you could die happy, I say you have better taste in people than me."