How it all began

The sirens used to live happily in a small part of the ocean. They sang beautiful songs to their loved ones. They used to guide the sailors with their voice away from the sharp edges so no one died, but one day it changed. The Sirens panicked as many ships killed their species. The songs became more cries of agony and sorrow. They pleaded for the sailors to stop, but they never did and more and more of the species died. One day the Sirens sang a song with a different tune. Waves crashed against wood, a song recognized by many as the hum of a siren. A voice so silky and powerful that the sailors were put into a trance. Sailors fell to their deaths as the ship crashed into ragged rocks, many lost their lives, screams of agony as some drowned and some bled. Each day more ships passed the siren infested waters, each day more would die. The sirens protected their homes wanting to just be left alone. The beautiful cries of the siren's were silenced. As they were taken away. The waves crashed against the many shipwrecks. The lives of many sailors taken by the beautiful song of a passionate sea creature, protecting their home. Now the waters were safe to tread but what happened to the songs of the sirens? The story of Sirens changed and they were depicted as monsters and now? They were told to be nothing but a legend.