Reality?

They were early, and then they were late, and then there were balloons

Oliver and Katie were early. They were rarely if ever early, but today they were. They'd flown into Coast City to see an OB referred by Dr. Baxter. Apparently he was one of the best in the field, so the couple decided to check it out. This was the closest to Starling they'd been since they left, and they knew by the time it was time to leave they would have to decide if going back was the right thing for them to do.

For right now, they were early, and because they were early, they had time to kill. That's how Oliver once again found himself in a mall, shopping. Only this time, he was actually enjoying himself.

"Look at this!" Katie called over to the man and he lifted his head to see the woman holding up a onesie, the words. "World's Cutest Baby" printed on the front. "It's so tiny!" Oliver laughed as he watched the woman, whose eyes seem to light up the moment they walked into the store.

"You know we should probably find out what we're having before you buy the entire store." Oliver said and Katie just waved him off.

"I'm getting gender neutral stuff." she replied as she looked through the clothes. "Have you decided on a crib?" Oliver turned with a shake of his head. They'd given him a book with different baby cribs, and even showed him some they had in store and for some reason he couldn't choose. Each one had different features, different colors, different shapes and sizes. He had no idea what to choose.

"I didn't know a bed for a baby would be so complicated." the man said finally placing the book down and turning back to the woman who seemed to move across to the store and was looking at more furniture. He walked over to see her looking at rocking chairs.

"There is this picture I have of my mom after I was born. She was sitting in a rocking chair like this one, holding me." Katie smiled sadly.

"We should buy it." Oliver suggested and Katie looked over to him.

"And put it where? In our hotel?" the woman shook her head and let out a sigh before walking over to the clerk at the counter. "I'm so sorry, I'm actually not going to get any of this." she glanced over to Oliver. "Let's go." she turned and headed for the door and Oliver quickly went to the clerk.

"Hi, I'm actually going to buy everything she chose, and that rocking chair over there." the man said. "Do you guys deliver?"

It wasn't until they were sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office, that Oliver finally found the courage to finally ask her about what happened at the store. He knew there were risks, that this could lead to her biting his head off in one of the many moods she's adapted since being pregnant. He just had to figure out what was wrong this time.

"So you want to tell me what happened at the store?" he glanced over to the woman who didn't say a word as she paged through the magazine she was currently pretending to read. "You were happy, I know you were happy, and you were smiling and then something happened. Something changed. What was it?"

"Let's drop it." she replied glancing over to the man before sitting down the magazine and picking up another.

"So you're choosing to avoid a problem instead of facing it." Oliver said and Katie turned a quirked brow to the man.

"You know you watched Dr. Phil one time, it does not make you a psychiatrist." the woman shook her head looking back to the magazine. "I decided to not buy something, it's not a big deal."

"You decided to not buy things for the one person in this world I know you love." Oliver replied and Katie sighed as she closed her eyes. "You're excited about the baby. About preparing for the baby. What happened?"