Chapter 10

3 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days later

Wednesday, December 11th

Marcel's Birthday

11am

Today was Marcel's birthday and we decided to just enjoy each other. We completely shut the world out today. I was still grieving heavy over my sons but I was just happy to no longer be under 24 hour watch in my own house. Everyone constantly came to check on Marcel and I but they knew today we wanted to just be with each other.

Marcel hasn't been taking the twins death too well either but he was stronger than I was. He was still able to function on the daily. He also got the case dropped. I'm not sure how but I didn't ask any questions. He found out what happened with me shortly after the case was dropped. No one really told him anything since he already had the cops and the charge to worry about. Ever since he's heard he's been watching me and checking on me but it wasn't as bad as a nurse living in our house for three months watching my every move.

But back to his birthday, we decided to stay in the house all day and go out in the back patio for some fresh air later tonight.

I was in the bed sitting up and just staring at the wall. I was doing that a lot since what happened but honestly it kept me sane.

"You ok baby?" Marcel woke up asking me.

"Yes I'm ok. Happy Birthday." I said to him, giving him a weak smiling.

"I don't know about the happy part but thank you ma." He said and he sat up and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"What are we ordering for breakfast?" He asked me. I haven't been cooking either we've just been ordering food or Marcel would cook sometimes.

"Whatever you want. I don't mind." I said. It honestly didn't matter. I still wasn't eating much anyway. Maybe like once a day and I still wouldn't even finish the food I had.

He nodded and ordered the breakfast.

"30 to 45 minutes." He said and I nodded.

He pulled out my laptop and signed in with my password. He started to look for houses in Beverly Hills, California and some houses in Las Vegas, Nevada. Those were the two places we decided to start our new life.

Ever since what happened, Marcel and his boys don't go to the trap anymore. They gave it to some other guy for all I know. When we moved I was going to get my Marcel a decent job or I'd just have him work with me on my business.

"How about this one?" He asked me. It was a big house in Beverly Hills.

"What would we do with a big house? It's just us." I asked confused.

"Not for long. I know it's not the time to bring up kids but we're going to start a family again but this time in a new environment and without me in the drug game. We're going to do it right this time. No drama." He said to me and I gave him a weak smile.

"Ok." Was all I said and I looked down.

"Hey.." he started and grabbed my chin. "I love you. I miss them too." He said and kissed my cheek.

"I love you too." I said.

"Come on." He said getting up. I was confused but followed him.

We went into the bathroom and he stared at me for a second.

"You know what I want for my birthday?" He asked me.

"What?" I asked him.

"This. Right here. You and me." He said and we shared a kiss.