Picking flowers under the moon

That sound came with extreme speed and savagery, seemingly piercing through the darkness in a flash. Like a fierce wind blade slicing through the Nine Heavens it cut over, its sharp sound fast and low.

"Xiu!"

A row of arrows instantly pierced into the ground in front of Meng Fuyao and Yuan Zhaoxu's feet. The arrow row was extremely orderly, as if someone had measured it out using a ruler. Even after a time, the blood red fletching on the arrows still faintly trembled without stopping.

Those arrows closely stuck next to the two people's feet tips, almost tearing Fuyao's boots. It could be seen that if the opposite side wanted to, a hole could be shot in Fuyao's feet as well!

In front of them, atop the high walls of Prince De's courtyard, a shadow had appeared. Holding a bow while standing, the mysterious person sneered as they looked down. A pair of pupils glittered with arrogance in the dark.

Seeing the two lifting their heads to look over, that person slowly drew the bow. The bowstring let out a tense noise, intentionally or unintentionally giving off a murderous, compelling aura.

The bow had now stretched into a full moon, as four arrows neatly pointed towards the two people down below. Looming over them, the person grimly laughed. "Where did this heaven-daring couple come from? You even have the guts to disturb the Prince De residence? That shot just now was only a courtesy, if you guys take one more step, my arrows will be greeting those thick skulls of yours!"

Meng Fuyao slowly raised her head. Facing the disdainful gaze of the person above them, her pupils shrank – she hated being warned by others!

The moment she moved her head, the other side instantly lifted their hand as yet another arrow flew out! The arrow wind tore the air apart as it shot straight at her forehead. At the same time the person grimly said, "Trespassers of Prince De's residence, kill without mercy!"

Not only was this person's archery skill unrivaled, even their voice didn't fade over such a long distance. It was clear their inner qi was not normal. Despite this, Fuyao absolutely didn't think this meant she had to just sit there and accept this trigger-happy person's warnings!

Forming a backward bridge in a flash, her back stuck close to the ground while the arrow feathers brushed past her nose tip. While she was half-crouched on the ground, she suddenly twisted her waist up and kicked out with her feet. A feathered arrow that had sunk half a chi into the ground was hit into the air, flipping around and changing direction. With a sharp whistle it shot straight towards the shadow on top of the courtyard wall.

The eyes of the person hidden in the darkness also seemed to flash – that kick of Fuyao's looked deceptively simple, but was in fact quite hard to execute. The arrow was sunk halfway deep into the ground. In that awkward back-crouching posture, not only did she manage to recover, but she managed to kick the arrow up without snapping it in half. What kind of monstrous core strength and flexibility did that simple movement require?

The man gave a mirthless chuckle, his fighting spirit raised. Gesturing with his hand, the arrow suddenly split into two. The arrowhead flipped around in midair, and it once more launched itself towards Meng Fuyao.

Fuyao leapt up from the ground, giving out two powerful exhalations: "Pei pei!"

Two consecutive collisions sounded out. Those two broken arrow pieces were actually blown into four separate pieces by the true qi Fuyao shot out through her teeth, doubling back to fly at the person on the wall!

That person also didn't seem to expect Fuyao to be such a tenacious scoundrel, and couldn't help but laugh out. The laughter echoed out, suddenly splitting the four shooting arrow fragments into eight, once more hurtling towards Fuyao.