Into Corcillum

The beggar looked down the street as a pair of black boots came into view. He raised his eyes, taking in the black leather pants, shirt dark as a coal, and black leather jacket that fell to mid thigh. The jacket's hood was raised, shadowing the face. The man had a wire wrapped hilt appear above each shoulder, the blades following in a cross down his back. The man smirked, and the beggar looked away from the face, a simple ebony masquerade mask hiding the top half of the man's face.

The man ignored the beggar and kept walking. He saw a pair of Pinkertons before they saw him, and he darted into a side ally. He ran swiftly and easily on the balls of his feet, scarcely making a sound. A dead end blocked with a smooth brick wall. The man calculated, then piled on speed. He jumped, kicking off the brick wall. His hands shoved off the top and he flipped down and landed in a noiseless crouch on the other side.

He was up and running in moments, on his way to Corcillum. He weaved in and out of the various alleys and back streets, the dead ends and low walls proving no problem to him. Eventually he came to one that he couldn't just vault over. He stopped what was now his jog, having moved away from the Pinkertons. It was a high wall to the back of a house, a shingled roof waiting above it. This wall had to be twice as high as the others. The man tilted his head, knowing what to do.

He ran toward the wall and jumped toward the corner where it joined with another house. He kicked off the wall and his fingers brushed the neighbouring house's roof. He managed to hold on and swung his legs over to the wall. Once he was sure he wouldn't fall, he sat up and shoved off the roof, sliding a meter down the other side of the wall and stopping himself on the shingled roof of the next house. Bracing himself against the wall, he transferred his weight onto the singled roof. It moments he had regained his balance and was running across the side of the roof, and when he ran out he jumped to the next house.

He didn't go back down to street level, as it was easier see where he was going from his higher vantage point. He paused, skidding to a stop and holding onto a chimney. He could see the four turrets of the Adept Academy a short ways away. All he had to do, was get into Corcillum. He watched the guards from the roof, and followed their patrol patterns closely. Once he'd worked out an easily exploitable gap in their movements, he continued.

The man only used a few more roofs before turning and sliding off the edge of a shingled one. He twisted as he fell of the edge and caught the gutter. He hung there for half a second before letting himself drop, then land in an instinctive crouch. He moved forward, staying low. The guards marched back and forth like wind up toys. He watched for the gap and sprang up to his feet. Sticking to the shadows where his dark clothes hid him, the man slipped past them and inside the gate. He ran doubled over and staying close to the wall, until he was a good distance from the guardsmen. He turned, his feet making not a sound on the cobbles, and surveyed the ivy covered wall.

His best bet of getting inside the Academy would be to scale the ivy by one of the turrets. He stood up strait, and walked forward across the courtyard like he was meant to be there. He had learnt if you didn't look suspicious at first glance, you weren't likely to get another. He made it to the turret without incident. It was dark with shadow there, away from the light of the moon. He grabbed one of the stronger ivy pieces, and started to climb.

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Tada! A new fanfiction! Please tell me what you think so far in the comments section.
The picture in the media section is not mine, it's from Google images. The cover however, was made by me, but I did pull the background from Google as well.
Love, TallestSilver.