thief? [3]

Wow.

My throat hurt now.

Today was a show that went on longer then I would have liked. But oh well. I've still got people to meet backstage which sucks for me.

I hate socialising not gonna lie.

I do a peace sign and walk off the stage. I head over towards the vending machine in the backstage area and pull out a dollar bill. I give the machine the dollar and pick some random candy. I collect my candy and walk over towards the couch.

"We've got three kids coming backstage. Then you have an interview afterwards." my 'mother' says before walking off.

I just sit in my silence and eat my candy. Snickers. Yum.

I look up when I hear some shuffling. I then see three kids and a blonde adult that kind of looks familiar. The kids just stare at me before squealing. "Oh my god it's Virus!" they are screamed. I just grinned and stood up.

"Hey kids! How's it goin?" I ask while stretching. "Good!" they say simultaneously. "That's good. What's your names?" I ask while finishing off my chocolate bar.

"I'm Yuki!" a little boy with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes says. He has some noticeable freckles too. I grin and ruffle his hair. "Nice to meet ya kiddo." He just beams happily and starts bouncing in place.

"I'm Kaito!" another little boy with a faded looking magenta hair and bright baby blue eyes chimes in. I look at his and smile. "Hey kid!" and give him a quick give five.

"I-i'm Tashi." a little girl with light golden hair stutters. I smile softly and kneel down in front of her. "You good?" I ask. "Y-yeah. Just a l-little nervous." she stutters. I nod and hold my fist out for a fist bump. "That's okay!" I chirp while she bumps her smaller hand against mine.

"Who are you two?" I ask while readjusting my new capture weapon that I probably won't figure out how to use. "My name is Hizashi Yamada. Or Present Mic! I'm actually going to have a small interview with you once you're done with these little listeners." a blonde guy says. Makes sense. He did look familiar.

"Coolio. So, whatcha wanna do?" I ask the kids. "Can I ask a question sir?" Tashi asks. "Sure thing!"

"What's your quirk?" she asks. My smile falters slightly but stays nonetheless. "Well, funny thing is, I'm actually quirkless." I answer truthfully. "R-really?" Yuki asks. "Yup!" I say. "That's cool!" Kaito cheers.

"What about you kids?" I ask back. "Oh! I have like force fields! But the more I use them, the bigger of a head ache I get." Kaito says happily. "That's a neat quirk kid." I say. He starts beaming and ushers his friends to tell me theirs.

"Mine is actually a cat like one." Tashi says. "I can turn in a cat and have cat like features." she furthers explains. "She's got a purrfect quirk!" Yuki cheers. Tashi blushes slightly, embarrassed, and smiles. "T-thanks Yuki."

The brunette grins and looks at me proudly. "I'm a werewolf basically! Kinda. I can transform into any animal from the dog family. Although I can't do it for very long." he explains. "That's pretty cool kid!" I cheer while ruffling his hair. It's soft okay!

"Kids at school say that I'm a mutt though.." he adds quietly. That kind of breaks me not going to lie. He's like 10! "How about this, when you go back to school, you can brag that you met me? Deal?" I say. "How will they believe?" he asks. "Because we can take a picture! I have officially taken it upon myself to make sure that nobody hurt you three little beans! If they do, they'll have to talk to me!" I answer while smiling at the three kids.

"That's so cool!" they all cheer happily. I grin and pull out my phone. I pose in front of them and take a quick selfie. "There. Now, I can remember you little squirts!" I say while smiling at them. They all look at me and beam so brightly, Imma need to buy some shades.

"Excuse me mister, where did you get that scarf?" Kaito asks innocently. "My... friend gave it to me." I respond. "That's nice of them!" Yuki says. I nod and pull out three bags of skittles. "You guys like skittles?" I ask. They all nod quickly so I hand them the candy. "Thanks!" they all say before they start to open. "Ask your parents first." I start. They deflate a little. "Or finish it before they realise." I whisper. They grin at me like they are the devil or some shit.

Damn. What have I started.

An hour later

"Bye guys!" I shout as they walk away. I also willingly gave their parents my number since I have for some reason decided to personally protect them from this cruel cruel world.

I flop onto the council when someone clears their throat. I look up to see my sperm donor staring at me. The same blonde guy from earlier is next to him. I forgot his name damn it. Right, Yamada.

"Right, my apologies. I forgot about that interview." I said quietly. Sperm donor nods before walking off. The blonde guy walks over and sits down next to me. I sit up and stare at him.

"So little listener, ready?" he asks while pulling out a note pad. "You're not recording it or something?" I ask. He shakes his head before smiling. "Nah. These are just some basic questions. Hopefully I'd be able to get you on my radio show though!" he adds. I nod and grin. "Your station is fun to listen to. Not going to lie. And your most recent mix tape is actually really good!" I compliment. He grins and nods. "Thanks! I wish my boyfriend would agree though." he said, whispering the last part.

"Damn. Then he must have not as good of a taste in music then!" I say. He smiles and shakes his head. "For a second, I thought you might be.. against that." he said softly. "Nah. I'm not a prick like my parents." I say while relaxing slightly. He relaxes some more and grins. "That's cool. Now then, quick question. Where did you get that scarf from?" he asks. I just put on a shit eating grin, much like my 'friend'. "Just borrowed it. So tell your hubby that so he won't be as pissed the next time I see him." I say quickly while readjusting the scarf.

"How does he wear this? I'm so fucking hot is this!" I complain. He just laughs and shakes his head. "I have no idea." he admits. I shake my head and run a hand through my hair.

"So questions. Let's go." I say while clapping softly. "Sweet! Now, how did you come up with the name Virus?" He asks. I laugh softly before scratching the back of my head. "Simple. I'm a pain in the ass like a Virus. Plus I have a thing for technology." I explain. He nods and scribbles something down.

"You have never revealed your name or age. How come?"

"Honestly. I just don't feel comfortable with my name going around. And my age, it just never came up I guess." I answer truthfully. He nods and scribbles more. "Then, would you mind if I asked how old are you?" he asked. "Nope! I'm 14, almost 15!" I chirp out. "I know right! I have such a baby face." I groan.

After a good hour or so of questioning and just chatting, a question that piqued my interest the most. "Who do you want to be in the future?"

Sure it's a boring question with a generic answer. But it means a lot to me. "Can I ask a question first before I answer." He nods. "Do you think someone who is quirkless can be a hero?" I ask. It's something that I've asked as many pro heroes as I can. He looks at me before nodding. "Yeah! I do. I mean, just because someone doesn't have a quirk, doesn't mean they are any less capable of becoming one." he answers. Thank god. Because I have always like the guy.

I knew that if he knew I was quirkless beforehand, he might have answered differently. "Okay! Good answer!" I chirp out. "In all honesty. I want to be a hero. Sure, singing is fun and all, but I don't want to make it my full time career or something. I want to be someone to somebody. I want to be someone's hero. I want people to look at me and feel safe." I ramble. He beams at me and nods. "Good answer kid. Speaking of, why'd you ask?" he says. "Just for a friend. Any other questions?" I state.

"Nope! Other than asking you to at some point join me on my radio show!" he says while standing up. "I'll hold you to that." I joke. He laughs and shakes his head. "Go right ahead dude." I unravel the capture weapon and hand it over to the blonde. "Piss off the guy would ya?" I request. He grins and accepts. "Have a nice day little listener!" he says while walking off.

I stretch and start making my way home myself. Today has been fun. Now, let's go home, get the shit beaten out of me, and then stay up all night doing who knows what!

Fun!

word count: 1597