Temporary Fix

******

"Urgh!" She lets out a frustrated groan before slapping another $5 bill on the bar. "Another beer. Please," she mumbles to the bartender.

Rey feels a presence sit beside her but she doesn't bother to look over. Instead, she lets out a pathetic sob trying to ignore the sounds of her heart breaking inside.

A chuckle from beside her distracts her for a moment.

"What, boyfriend cheat on you or somethin'?" The voice asks. She can hear the smug grin on his lips as he speaks. And this makes her angrier.

"Actually, yes, jackass," she snaps back and looks at him out of the corner of her eye.

"Well, shit," he responds. But he doesn't sound sorry.

Rey can't help it. She collapses on the bar and buries her head in her arms and lets out a muffled, "Yeah, tell me about it."

"You shouldn't lay there, the bar's dirty," the man advises, earning him a dirty look from the bartender.

A second later Rey shoots back up with tears and mascara running down her face.

"He just, he promised 'he'd never let go', "she says in a mocking voice before going on. "His name was Jack so he was pretending to be like Jack from Titanic. And it was always kinda corny but also sweet because I thought he meant it. Now the movie is ruined for me. And to top it all off, I walked in on him with another woman. And I just, I just...lost it," she rants.

There's a moment of silence and Rey is about to open her mouth to apologize for the rambling back story because he probably doesn't care, but the man speaks again.

"He sounds like a two-faced, lying, little bitch," and he shrugs.

Rey actually laughs. A little bit. It's the first time she's laughed all day. She finally looks over the guy. And wow, what a sight. He turns his head too and they get lost in each other's eyes for a moment. An intense one. Rey had never felt something that intense before, not even with Jack.

She looks away and puts all her focus on her beer bottle, trying to get that look out of her head.

Then she says, "I don't even know whether to go find a rebound or just wallow in self pity." There's a pout on her lips as she's coming to terms with the reality of the situation.

Out of the corner of her eye, she sees the man down the rest of his beer, slam it on the bar along with some money, then he slides her a slip of paper and stands up.

Next thing she knows, he's standing just behind her and he leans down to her ear and whispers in a low voice, "I'll be your temporary fix."

It sends shivers down her spine as she stares at the little slip of paper with nothing but a name and a number on it.

Ben Solo 555-2947

********

Because all fictional phone numbers are basically all 5's right?

Below I've included the rough, rough draft of this little story from when I came up with the idea. I was listening to Temporary Fix by One Direction and I was like hmm Ben and Rey, yes.

Thanks for reading!

+++

reys at the bar moping bc her ex jack cheated on her and shes drinking away her feelings bc obviously. Ben comes to drink away his stress from work but sees Rey and thinks shes the most beautiful thing he's ever seen, bc duh. So he sits down next to her all smug like and tries to be funny "What boyfirend cheat on you or somethin'?' and shes like yeah actually all sassy and mad and he goes "shit" but not like shit im so sorry more like shit like wow how bout that. So she says tell me about it and burries her head in her arms on the bar. then he say you shouldnt do that the bars dirty, or something stupid like that. so shes like i dont care then she sits back up and starts ranting about her ex jack. Shell say he just promised me that hed never let go and shell say in a mocking voice then explain his name is jack so he was pretending to be like jack from titanic and she rolls her eyes and yada yada the movies ruined for her. Then bens like sounds like a two faced lying bitch to me and this makes rey laugh a bit and thats when she notices whos talking to her and shes like wow what a man bc hes ben solo duh. And then they have a heated moment of staring into each others eyes obviously and then she looks away and fiddles with the bottle she was drinking from. Then shell be like idek if i want to go find some rebound or just wallow in self pity. And then ben finishes his beer puts money on the bar and a slides a slip a paper towards rey.
Oh they still dont know each others name
Anyway ben gets up and leans down to her ear and says ill be your temporary fix and she looks up at him and sees the same smug grin he entered with then he saunters off like a badass but we all know hes really just good boy ben
So rey looks at the paper and its got a name and number Ben Solo and she comteplates it
And then maybe there can be a sequel where she calls him and says its the girl from the bar. And he goes ah calling for your temporary fix and shes like dont make it sound like drugs and he chuckles and shes like oml

+++