Summer In New Orleans

It was Summer break in the Salvatore School and the students could finally have it thanks to no monsters for now. Hope was going to visit her parents and her aunts in New Orleans but for the first time, she had extended the invitation to her friends. She never thought she would have them but here she was. She had MG, Josie, Lizzie, Rafael, and even Landon. All of them were with her every step of the way in the crazy Malivore journey.

Not a lot has happened in these months. Some things worth noting were that they were monster free for now, Landon was back in the school and was a Phoenix, Rafael was the alpha of the school pack, she got along quite well with the twins now, her pining for Josie had somehow increased if that was even possible, and the last and probably a quite shocking one was that Elijah had taken resident in Mystic Falls. He actually occasionally taught History in the school and the students honestly loved him. He didn't want Hope to be completely alone in the school so he had decided that it was best he was atleast near if she ever needed him. And that was it.

And right now, all the said members were packed up and ready to spend the Summer break in New Orleans in the Mikaelson Manor. Thankfully they didn't have to take a bus as Elijah had allowed them to take a few cars. Bentleys to be specific. But thankfully, Hope, Rafael and Josie knew how to drive. And that was more than enough as there were only two cars. So they were fine. The girls had decided to take one car and the guys had decided to share another.

The girls' road trip consisted of Josie calling shotgun, Lizzie making a face and going to sit at the back with an annoyed look, them bickering wholeheartedly, Lizzie making fun of the guys for always being behind them or just making fun of them in general, Josie singing with her ukulele which swooned Hope more than it should've, Lizzie smirking at the interaction, Hope trying to concentrate back on the route and not crash the car, songs, bad ones too, naps, a few breaks, and finally, they were there.

It didn't take them that long to reach the buzzing city. They had departed early so they could arrive while it was still morning to enjoy the food and the city. And when they entered, the city was lively and buzzing with life even this early in the morning. Jazz music flowed through their ears and they saw people and tourists mulling around enjoying their day. Though New Orleans had the most of Supernatural population--even more than Mystic Falls--it was a lovely city.

And soon enough, the two cars where pulling up in the driveway and being carefully parked. Everyone took their luggage out and as soon as they were about to knock, the door swung open to reveal Klaus and Hayley standing there with their special smiles.

Hope immediately ran towards them and hugged them while expressing how much she missed the both of them. She didn't get to see them a whole lot. Because of her mom being the alpha of the Crescent Pack, she had duties there. And her dad had to practically take care of the whole vampire and werewolf population of New Orleans and keep them in check as Marcel wasn't here. So that gave them very less time to spend with their daughter. But she was happy she got to spend Summer with them.

While Hope was expressing how much she missed her mom and dad, the others were watching this. The usually controlled and collected girl was so open and happy right now. It brought a smile to all of their faces. They liked seeing this part of Hope. A part where the burden of the whole world wasn't on her shoulders. Where she didn't stop herself from feeling. Where she was free. And herself. And that only happened when she was with her family and her friends occasionally.

"Come on in everyone" Hayley then addressed the whole group who were still standing outside.

They all dragged their luggage and stepped inside the Mikaelson Manor. And the place was even bigger than it looked on the outside. It was huge and looked vintage. The decor looked like it was centuries old. And in their case, it probably was. But all in all, it felt homey, safe, and welcoming.