Christmas In October

It was early morning and a chill one at that. People were milling about feeling weirdly happy. And just to confirm their weird behavior, it started snowing. Indicating it was officially Christmas. Everyone was happy and eager to spend their Christmas eating desserts, opening gifts, and spending it with family and friends. Sounds like the perfect Christmas, doesn't it? Well, it wasn't. Why? Because it was October.

The people of Mystic Falls had no idea about that though. Same with the residents of the Salvatore School. And Hope. Hope woke up feeling overly happy. Wanting to make the best of the day. So without giving her overly cheerful self a thought, she had left her room and joined the other merry students to enjoy Christmas.

The first place she had visited was outside. As it was fairly early, not a lot of people were outside. But the few that were, were enjoying the snow to their hearts content.

"Heyy, Hope! Merry Christmas!!" Kaleb vamped in front of her and wished followed by MG who gave her an enthusiastic wave.

"Hey, Kaleb! MG! Merry Christmas!" she wished back with a smile.

"Wanna join Team Pedro to show everyone how to make the biggest snowman??" MG asked with a overly happy smile.

"Yes!" Hope replied and followed them over to the kids.

And soon, she was immersed in making sure Pedro and his team won making the biggest snowman and in the end, led him to victory. Which led to her playing snowball fight with the guys and the kids, making the biggest snow angels, sledging, using magic to have fun, and much more.

When it was early morning hours and most of the school was up and celebrating Christmas, was when Hope decided to head back in. She was greeted by the sight of beautiful decorations littered all around. Radiant lights, Christmas tree, stockings, desserts, were all around her. Everyone was chilling, conversing, and standing around. Dorian was handing out secret wish ribbons and Alaric and Elijah were having fun drinking their probably spiked hot cocoa.

Elijah spotted her though and excused himself from the conversation and walked over to her, "Hope, darling, are you having fun?" he asked with a smile and his mug of hot cocoa in his hand.

"Uncle Elijah! Yes I am! Merry Christmas!" she replied with a big smile.

"Merry Christmas, darling. Fancy a hot cocoa?" he asked gesturing to his mug.

"No. I don't wanna be drinking this early in the morning. I have to find Josie anyways" Hope replied with a grin.

"What nonsense. This is a hot cocoa. Everyone should be drinking this early in the morning" Elijah replied sounding serious but his face had a grin too.

"I can't believe you're trying to get your niece drunk. I wonder what mom will think of it. Or dad" Hope said next with a cheeky grin pretending to think hard.

"Alright, alright. No drinking for kids. I'll be over near the adults" Elijah replied with a grin and vamped away before Hope could reply.

"I'm not a kid!" Hope still decided to call out with a fake hurt expression.

He laughed hearing her but didn't reply.

She smiled and continued on her way to explore the school and find Josie.

It was after sometime that she was in the kitchen eating a few desserts placed there when she heard,

"Hey, Hope. Merry Christmas!" from behind her. And she knew this voice well.

"Hey, Jo. Same to you" she replied turning around with a smile.

Josie was wearing a cute Christmas jumper and skirt to go along and looked very beautiful and very cute. So Hope commented on the same,