Chapter III

How Bittersweet; the Taste

Chapter 3

Zayn laid in his bed, sighing and staring at the ceiling. Why in Moses's name is this bothering him this much? He doesn't like her! He doesn't care about her! In the least! So why is this giving him as much trouble as it is?

He was getting a Skype Call from Niall.

Oh great. Oh isn't this as splendid as it gets? He remembers how angry Niall was at him earlier, so whatever he had to say it must not be pretty. But, he also remembers how mad and offended Niall was when Zayn missed his last call, so he answered.

“Hey Zayn...” Niall said sadly, “How's it goin'?”

“Fine. How are things going with you, Horanator?”

“Peachy...So...um...I wanted to apologize to you about how I acted earlier toward you. It...it wasn't right...”

Zayn rolled over on his side, “Yes it was. I was a total ass to her and I deserved to have a taste of my own medicine...you don't have to apologize to me. I should be apologizing to you.”

“Why?”

“Because I...I don't know. I was a jerk, and because of me, she might think you have bad taste in friends, or you're as horrible as I am.”

“That's a load of shit. Zayn, you are the farking nicest buck I've ever met, besides Harry and Louis.”

“So I'm the third nicest guy you've ever met?”

“Well...yeah...but that's still pretty nice!”

“What about Liam?”

“Huh?”

“You said besides Harry and Louis. Dare I ask again, what about Liam?”

“Please! You're way nicer than Liam. Liam said I'm crap at dancing.”

“He said all of us are crap at dancing.”

“And that's why you're nicer than Liam.”

Zayn rolled his eyes. “So, are all the guys chill or...”

“We're good.”

“Thank God.”

“Don't you mean thank Allah?” Niall asked, “Isn't that what Muslims say?”

“You've got so much to learn, Nialler.”

“I know...so when do you plan to apologize?”

“Soon.”

“How soon? Like...tomorrow....next week...a few years...?”

“Soon.”

Niall poked his lips out, half in thought and half pouting. “Oh.”

“You just...haven't seen the other side of her.”

“What's she really like?”

“You 'member she was on the X-Factor? But you thought she was too hot, so you wouldn't talk to her?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I talked to her. I saw how evil she really was. She told me I had too big of an ego and that I should be more considerate toward my fans.”

“Oh...” Lightbulb. “Wait! Liam, Louis, and Harry talked to her, too...and they don't say things like that.”

“They don't say things like that because...for some odd, out of the blue reason...she was nice to them.”