0.2

"Fuck me," Kendall groaned as she put her head in her arms.

"Kendall," her father warned her, not sounding all that annoyed at her foul language. He was actually pretty used to it considering he swore like a sailor and she'd picked up on his lingo from a young age.

"Doll, I can also stay here it's fine with me I'd never put you in a position where I'd leave you to fend for yourself," her father reassured her as he scrubbed a pan clean before dipping it under the stream of water from the sink.

"No," she shook her head. "It's totally okay, dad. It's just- I need to process it a bit."

"You don't have to process anything, just say the word and I'll drop everything," he finished up the last plate and turned around to face her in his colourful "Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters kill people" apron, leaning back on the sink. It was a ridiculous apron her uncle -Well technically great uncle- Gabriel had gotten her dad. He treasured the piece of cloth like it was a diamond ring and although Kendall found it goofy, she also found it adorable.

Right now she was sat at the dinner table that she'd just cleaned and her dad had just finished off the dishes after dropping a bomb.

"I don't want you to throw away your dreams just because it'd suit me better, what the hell?" Kendall replied as if the idea alone was absurd.

"And I don't want to throw you into a different world for three month on your own," he shot back, his dark brown eyes shooting her a pointed look.

"Well too bad, because that's my decision and I'm totally fine with it," she lied easily raising her eyebrows.

Lorenzo let out a sigh before moving over to take a seat at the dinner table opposite her. "Doll, I know it's asking a lot of you and you don't have to-"

"Dad, I said it's fine," she said with a confident nod, "We'll figure it out like we always do, this is your big shot. Co-writing with a New York Times best seller? Like- that's insane! We don't get these chances. You can't actually be considering turning it down?"

"You know I would," Lorenzo shook his head as he brushed his hand through his short brown hair.

And nothing in her doubted that he would, he'd given up so much of his life for her, but this felt like a gift to him. Not a man on this earth deserved to be successful and happy as much as her father did.

"Dad, it's going to be okay," she reassured him as she placed her hand over his folded big gruff ones that were anxiously twiddling thumbs. "This is good, she wants to meet me, this is a great opportunity for all of us."

Lorenzo swallowed before nodding his head, eating his daughters lies up. "You're right, if this works out we could actually go somewhere, we could break out of the cut."

His daughter nodded encouragingly she wasn't sure if she was reassuring him or her.

"I'll have to leave in two weeks to sign the contract," he mumbled as he rubbed over the stubble that had formed over the past few days.

The fifteen year old sucked in a breath. Two weeks. That was really fast. How was she going to explain this to her friends, what was going to happen over the summer?

"That's alright," she willed the corners of her lips upwards to make her dad feel at ease and it seemed to work as he shot her an excited smile back.

"This is going to change our lives forever, Doll," he willed his anxious thoughts down as his eyes shimmered with hope and joy and it made her heart swell.

"I'm sure it will."

//\\//\\

"What the fuck?"