Is Glowing Fire

"Cause I know I can go
Where no one's ever gone;

And I'm not looking back"

- Endless Possibility // Sonic Unleashed

Sonic swerves from the air and onto the ground smoothly, successfully landing another homing attack onto Eggman's Fire-bot. Amy, Sticks, and Tails were taking care of the bee and crab robots that got in the way.

It seemed as though Eggman had upgraded his new destructive toy to the point he was able to evaporate the water with the fire it threw. Of course, you have to give Eggman credit where it was due, his robots were getting more and more advanced.

However, just because his robots were stepping up his game doesn't mean that Sonic's team is outmatched. With confidence and adrenaline inside you, you grab the garden hose near the Meh Burger and sprint to Sonic's side.

Knuckles, who was near the fire hydrant, gives you a thumbs up. You send Knuckles a nod before snapping your fingers, alerting Sonic. He stares at you, down to the hose you were carrying, and back up at you.

"Ready whenever you are," you wink, causing Sonic to return one of his own.

"You sure kept me waiting," Sonic teases, suddenly sweeping you off your feet and taking off towards the robot.

"And you sure know what to say to make me annoyed at you," you playfully roll your eyes, earning a small chuckle from the hedgehog.

"Yeah... doesn't stop me though," he meets your eyes, fully expressing his cocky smile before looking back at the robot. "Get ready!"

As the robot locked onto the both of you, it shot a vicious flame heading straight your way. Sonic smirks, tossing you up in the air not a second later. You can feel the intensity of its fire; for a moment you could've sworn it flickered and grazed your nose. However, these glowing embers only makes you want to dance in the hot swirling air.

As Sonic ducks under the robot and slides through the gaps of its knees, you quickly toss it over the robot's shoulder and into Sonic's hand where he was able to jam the hose upward between the crevice of the robot's shoulder.

You land, quickly sweeping one of the robots feet as Sonic does the same to the other. As the robot stumbles and collapses, Knuckles punches the fire hydrant into the stratosphere. The water surges down the fire extinguisher, through the hose, and up in the air. The water drops like rain, and short circuits the bot before shutting it down. With another confident (and flashy) victory, you and Sonic fist bump each other with triumph.

"Nice work! Though you could've ran a little faster, I give it a C+," you comment, crossing your arms and leaning in to Sonic's face.

"Are you really criticizing the way I run?" Sonic challenges, reciprocating your motions.

"I can always show you how to do it better. All you have to do is ask," you coo, standing on the tips of your toes to get even closer to his proximity. Hearing those words makes Sonic suddenly lean back, causing you to lose your footing. He catches your wrist, and as if in some kind of lively dance, twirls you around and dips you to meet his eyes.

You widen your eyes; it wasn't hard to tell that your words struck a chord within him. His eyes seemed like the variety of hues seen in a forest, surrounded with dark moss. Yet, these interwoven shades hide the chaotic nature behind. This very particular nature you brought out by frankly just teasing him. Never before have you actually seen his eyes hold such danger and beauty all at once; you wouldn't have fathom had you not seen it right in front of you. A wild fire of eyes: reckless, untamed, yet undeniably captivating.

"A race, princess. Around the forest, and back to my house. If you're so confident in beating me," he smirks, knowing he had caught your bluff. It was only one small moment where your eyes flashed worry, and that was all it took for him to secure his win.

"Loser pays for the movie this week, and has to do whatever the winner says for the day after," you reply after a moment of silence, refusing to give what Sonic wanted so easily.

He stares at you, attempting to survey your face as you look away from his piercing gaze. After a few seconds he softly laughs and averts his eyes from you. "Piece of cake," he frees his grasp from your wrist. "I'll be near the shack in the evening," he pauses before looking back at you. He points a finger upward, curving his lips into a sly smile. "And we can go watch another movie, you paying of course."

Before you could defensively tell him that there was absolutely no way you were going to forfeit with such a condition, he sprints away from the area. You huff and cross your arms, tapping your foot like a rabbit.

"You imbeciles! How dare you douse Fire-bot?! What has he ever done to you?!" Eggman screams, hovering closer to the ground to pick up the robot with the craft's magnetizing pulse.

"Aside from trying to wipe us off the face of the island, I'm not too sure," Amy says, giving Eggman a half-lidded expression as she slung her hammer over her back effortlessly.

Eggman growls, steering his hovercraft away from the gang. You sigh, turning when you felt a warm hand tap your shoulder.

Amy looks at you, her hand covering her mouth as if she wanted to laugh. "So, a race with Sonic huh? Out of all your ideas, this seems to be your most impossible one."

"And I thought turning on a fire extinguisher was," Knuckles chimes in, making everyone groan knowing they were going to have to fix it before the mayor would get mad.

"Don't worry guys. I'll fix it," Tails sighs as he begrudgingly flies over to the hydrant with his wrench in hand.

Being the first to brush away Knuckles and his hydrant, you answer truthfully. "Honestly, I don't know." You bring your hand to your chin, contemplating any kind of scenario that would even come close to beating the daredevil.

"You can join me in my shelter and worry about the apocalypse instead," Sticks suggests, tapping her head with her pointer finger confidently.

Suddenly, as Tails slowly comes back to the group, you snap your fingers and let out an outburst. "I got it!" The squad looks at each other, confused on what you just thought of. "I know exactly which movie I want Sonic to pay for!" And with that, a collective sigh came out of the group, aside from Knuckles nodding knowingly at you. You're hopeless. And him too.