April 24, 2026

It was a rainy day. I covered my head with a pillow. Moaning and shrieks came from the room beside me. It was probably my brother, but I honestly could care less. The guy needs more love in his life, honestly!

I reached my limit. I chuckled to myself. That's what she said! I grinned. Sitting up, I called to him, "Okie dokie, James, she's yowling like a caged wild cat. You can stop now."

Fuck you, James. You woke me up.

I opened my door, shivering at the creaks. I hate new houses. They freak the hell out of me. I could smell someone watching me.

The cries didn't stop. I was already awake. May as well do shit. Literally.

Alright, so I basically caught you up. Here's where the spooky shit creeps in. When I was looking in the mirror as I pooped, this dude's face popped up. I don't know if I'm sleep deprived, stalked, stupid, or hallucinating! Can someone help me? Thanks! xx

I hit submit. Ah, yes! Another beautiful day of trolling people on Yahoo! It's what happens when you don't have anything better to do, okay? Better than reading fanfiction about someone you would never meet! Anyways, it is obvious (if you knew me) that this was made up. For one, my brother is too single to go into bed. Secondly, I don't even live with him anymore.

See, my mom said I moved out too early. She moved out of her parents' house when she was 23. I am almost 19, but whatever. I wanted to be free! No rules, just me. And... I feel like something- someone- is there next to me all the freaking time! I know there is.

December 13, 2021

Y/n, a fourteen-year-old freshman at Obitus Nox Highschool, waved a farewell to her friends. As soon as she turned her back, a shrill shriek filled the air. Panic hurled into her chest. She wanted to run, but- Mirjam was being mauled by something!

Mirjam lay beneath a huge thing with black stripes. From further away, Y/n would've sworn that it was a snake, but she knew it was something else. "I'm coming, Mirry!" Cried Y/n, taking her shoes off.

Her other friends, Aurore and Rajni, looked panic-stricken. Y/n couldn't blame them. "Hey!" shrieked she, waving her smelly shoes in the air. The thing opened its mouth, allowing its face to pop out. "Come and get it." Y/n tossed her shoe as far as she could. The not-snake had legs that it used to sprint.

"Oh my goodness! Mirry, are you okay?" exclaimed Rajni, helping Mirjam up.

"I'm calling 911," announced Aurore, taking her phone out.

Mirjam wheezed out, "Thank you, Y/n."

When you got home, your parents were surprised when you told them. That was the last day you saw your friends and that house for that matter.

There must be a whole nother world out there! I left my computer, moving to my phone. An email had lit up the screen.

𝖄/𝖓,

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝔁𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓲𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷! 𝓦𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓺𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷! 𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻: xxxxxxxxxxxx

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I danced around my apartment, my heart skipping. I got the job!

"Okay, okay," I took a deep breath, my fingers shaking as I typed the number. It picked up immediately.

"Hello! You have reached Anastasia Jissiwaa, the spokeswoman of the Brigade of Toxin, an exorcising company. How can I help you?" A young woman's raspy voice answered, sounding slightly bored.

"Hi, good morning!" I felt like a fool. But, screw you, Anastasia! I am going to be an exorcist! "I am calling today to reply to a job offer."

"Alright," her hoarse voice was bored, "please hang tight as I move you to our boss."

I waited, smirking to myself. When the jazzy music stopped, I took a breath. 

"Hello? Is this Y/n L/n?" An older woman's voice, maybe around 50 years of age, called out.

"Yes, ma'am! I am responding to the email sent to me this morning," I replied, fiddling with the hems of my shirt.

"Good morning, Y/n! I am Lydia Deetz, the founder and leader of the Brigade of Toxin. I am so pleased you have responded to our offer! What is your opinion on it?" Lydia's voice was calm and relaxed.

"I would love to work for the Brigade of Toxin! It would be an honor!" I hoped she couldn't hear how desperate I was- girls gotta eat!

"Great! Come to our office anytime tomorrow. Tell Anastasia that you are there to speak to me. Okay?"

"Sounds like a plan!"

"Alright, you take care! Bye-bye!"

"Thanks, you too! Bye!"

She hung up. 

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" 

I collapsed on my couch, too excited to process anything anymore. I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless slumber.