Chapter 6

* * *

It was very cruel, but Claude often felt agonized when he saw the child.

Let's just kill her today.

I think it's better to just get rid of it now.

When facing , sometimes there was an intense desire to kill.

Although he did not show any expression, he sometimes wondered if he was going crazy because of the intense pain he felt was stabbing his head in front of his child.

When he did, the dismal voice inside him whispered without missing the opportunity.

'If you kill her now, it'll be lessened .’

'It's simple. Just put a bit of mana in your hand and stretch forward.’

The voice was so sweet that there were times when I really wanted to give  myself in this temptation.

But each time, Claude managed to suppress the impulse inside him and let the child go. He knew this was a side effect of black magic.

After Diana died and he massacred everyone in Ruby Palace, he was thinking of getting rid of the child for the last time. But in the end, he turned away without taking her life.

What Claude did then was to bury his own memories below the surface. So in the last few years, he could have been at peace, forgetting everything, even though he might have been engulfed in a terrible void.

"Papa, I happy to see you!"

A bright, sunny morning

Claude stepped on the green grass and stared at the running child. Maybe she can jump up and down like that because she doesn't know the scary thoughts he has. The evidence showen by the child's bright face and spotless.

Then suddenly, the child stopped walking, as if she had just remembered something .

"Thank you for inviting Athy to tea time."

Was it Mrs. Eloise? It seemed to be a new way of greeting .  She must had been taught by a new etiquette teacher.

However, no matter how much she imitated an adult, the child was still a child. Claude thought it was quite cute to see her wearing laced dress and holding on to her inflated skirt while pretending to be a lady.

Felix, who had followed the child, was already smiling warmly. The maids around them were also awed by the child . Their expression was the same as  Felix. Claude didn't know why.

After that, the child looked up again and grinned at Claude. But Claude didn't know how to react in this situation. His eyes twiched at little.

"Felix."

Claude wasn't a hard-to-understand person. He called Felix without saying anything else. It meant that the child should be seated in a chair. The child is so short that she alone  can't sit herself in front of the table.But if Claude wouldn't do her a favor,of course, there was no choice for Felix but to lift the child himself to a chair.

At the next moment, Claude didn't miss the sight of the Felix looking at him with a sparkling eyes.

It was as if he was saying, 'How come you didn't react to this cute little thing?'

What was amazing was the fact that the maids were looking on Claude with quite subtle eyes, as they agreed with Felix.

Even when Claude thought of it, the child was quite charming. I thought it was amazing that a child like this could be born from him. Of course, Claude had a dry attitude whenever he treated that child.