Chapter 8

* * *

A year passed in a flash with the spring and summer cycle.

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of Obelia."

Claude narrowed his eyes as he looked at Lilian York in front of him.

In the early morning hours, Claude first asked for an audience with her for some reason, who was supposed to be taking care of Athanasia.

"Yes, you have something to say about Athanasia?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Lilian bowed her head politely in front of Claude.

Claude gave her permission to open her mouth. But then the words she spoke next, contained unexpected things.

"Your Majesty, please refrain from giving the princess sweets."

At that moment Claude's eyebrows furrowed slightly.

What? Stop giving Athanasia sweets?

It was very brazen of her. How dare she tell him to do this or that. In addition, the content was also foolish.

"What is this. It's not a big deal, and yet you're talking nonsense like that.”

Currently, he was in a bad mood and recited in a low subdued voice.
But Lilian York, like someone whose belly has been swollen for a long time, gives  no heed in front of such a person. She carried on her words without a sense of hesitation or fear .

"It's a very important issue. Didn't Your Majesty see Princess Athanasia suffering from cavities? Furthermore, soon after the visit to Garnet Palace, she's complaining more painfully than usual, so I'd like Your Majesty to do us a favor."

The words contained a subtle rebuke to Claude, who indiscriminately fed a child suffering from cavities. Claude felt that and was forced to laugh.

There was no intents and purposes as to why he gave his only child what she wanted , to have her eyes twinkle, wanting snacks every time she came to the palace.

Of course, Claude was also thinking that children with cavities should not be fed sweets. But it was strangely difficult to say no when the child looked at him with her eyes shining as if expecting something.

In addition, cavities could be treated with magic at once.

But Felix said that Lilian opposed magic therapy.

In this situation, it was better to treat a child with a little pain than to treat it immediately.

So the child was suffering from a toothache, unaware that she could be treated for cavities in a second by magic.

Even when she was meeting Claude, sometimes her toothache made her cry, and he felt sorry for her. Claude's heart tightened for seeing such a small child was getting sick.

Claude's cold eyes flew over Lilian.

You know, you're a pretty tough woman. It's unfair to pretend you didn't wince when you saw the child suffering that much.

Claude thought with a distaste that he would not understand.

"I beg of you, Your Majesty."

"When someone hears, I can't give Athanasia sweets?I think they'll think of me as someone petty.”

Knowing that Claude had become uncomfortable, Lilian only looked down politely once again.

Claude beckoned Lillian out of Garnet Palace.