NINE

The move is going down slowly. Frank has keys of the house, and he stays there every night, becoming the place he comes home to after work. He's brought most of his clothes already, and Gerard gave him his own closet. And most importantly, Lois has made herself home, and sleeps by their bed.

Their bed.

But the rest of Frank's stuff is still back in his apartment. On his days off, he takes care of packing up, and selling the furniture he doesn't need anymore. But it's taken them a couple weeks, in which they get to know each other better before the move was definite, which for them means knowing every single corner of each other's bodies better.

Frank spends most morning inside the pool, while Gerard sits on the swing chair and writes, enjoying the view. He never thought he'd have this life, and he feels the luckiest man in the world.

They're almost done packing everything in boxes, Frank's books taking most of them. 'You have a bunch of shit spread around,' Gerard says going through his bookcases.

'Are you implying I'm a hoarder?'

'Yes, that's what I'm implying.'

'Is that a turn off? You regret asking me to move in now?' Frank smiles in a way is impossible to be mean at him.

'Hell no! Just saying – there's going to have some order.' Going through the drawer, he finds a couple photo albums, and curiosity gets the best of him. 'Do you mind?'

Frank shrugs and keeps cleaning his drawers, while Gerard looks at all the pictures, mostly going aww and how fucking cute with all the baby pictures, making Frank blush. 'Oh my –! This is when you had the band?' Gerard shows him one where he's with other guys, hugging, among a crowd.

'One of many, yeah.' Gerard keeps asking him about pictures, so he leaves what he's doing to sit with Gee and share stories about those days.

He tells him all the different bands he was in, all the venues they played at, and all the tours they did. Gerard can't help noticing the sparkle in Frank's eyes when he talks about music and playing onstage, and how happy he is. 'Play me something.'

Frank looks up at him, surprised. 'What?' he says with a giggle.

'I want to hear you play. I feel like that's a big part of you, and I don't know it yet.'

'I haven't played in a while, I'm kinda rusty.'

'I don't care.' Gerard gets up and takes one of his many guitars, and hands it to Frank. 'Please!'

'You know I can't say no to you, don't you?' He kisses Gee, and takes the guitar, immediately tuning it, and then playing around. 'What do you want me to play?'

'Anything.'

Frank plays a riff that repeats over and over, before he starts singing. Gerard has never heard the song, and wonders if it's an original. But when Frank starts singing, his heart melts right away. His voice is so soothing and raw and with so much feeling, you can't help feeling all the emotions in his song. When he finishes playing, Frank looks up, smiling, without saying anything else.

'I fucking love you,' Gerard says. That leads to them kissing. 'You know what we've never done?' he asks.

'What?'

'Fuck in your room. Or anywhere in this apartment.'

'That sounds like a plan to me.'

Once Frank has completely moved in, they want to celebrate it by having a date. 'Great!' Gerard says. 'Let me cook you some pasta.'

'No. We're going out.' Gerard is about to protest, but Frank stops him. 'We've been together for a month, and haven't gone out as a couple! That's unforgivable!'

'But –' Gerard pulls him closer, putting his arms around his neck and kissing him. 'I don't – it's just more comfortable here, just you and me. I can sneak a hand in your pants while we have dinner.'

'While that sounds like a good idea, I so want to take you out and show you off.'

'Do you?'

'Heck yes! You know how fucking handsome you are? I want everyone to know I'm tapping that!' Gerard laughs at that, and kisses his man. 'So go and get ready because we're going to a fancy restaurant, and we're going to be the hottest couple there.'

Frank helps him to choose a shirt and a long knitted blue cardigan, while he goes for a gray shirt with a black tie. 'Damn, daddy!' Gerard yells. 'I think I'm the one who'll be showing you off!'

'First of all, if you call me daddy one more time, we're over.' He pulls him by the collar of his shirt and places a kiss on his lips. 'Second of all, I love you.'

The drove downtown to a Japanese restaurant, walking in hand in hand. Gerard seemed nervous, and he could swear all eyes were on them. 'Of course they're looking at us!' Frank says. 'We're attractive as fuck! They're jealous of me.'

They sit in a booth, and order sushi. All vegetarian options, sharing plates. Holding hands under the table. 'I can't believe I get to go home with my man after this,' Frank says.

'Me neither. Thanks for accepting moving in with me.'

'Thanks for asking.'

They talk for what seems hours, and it feels like there is always something new to learn about each other, and they'll never get tired of it.

After dinner, they walk around downtown, never letting go of each other, stopping for a coffee, and Frank takes pictures of Gee all the time, as well as selfies of both of them.

Back at home – their home – they go straight to bed, not to sleep. 'So we get to do this for the rest of our lives, huh?' Frank says afterwards, lying naked on Gerard's chest. 'Here, together?'

'That's the plan.'

'I like that plan.'