Nine

"It was just one glass Harry," I laughed.

"Yeah, but a glass of a strong drink," he said.

I shook my head.

We somehow made it back to his car, unscathed and sober.

The party was slowly dying down when we made the decision to leave. A couple of people have already stumbled their ways out and some were left knocked out by the stools. We thanked Theo endlessly for the drinks and shyly asked him for a favor. He gladly took our pictures together and that's how I have two polaroid pictures of us in my hands now. Harry insisted that we take two so that each of us will have one.

Theo introduced himself finally as Theo. Afterwards, without his presence, Harry argued that Theo interested in me. He told me the guy was trying so hard to keep the conversation with me before we go. That he was obviously trying to shoot his shot.

"He was only being nice," I made clear using the most typical and weak line of reasoning for this kind of discourse.

"He could be nice and still like you at the same time though," he rebuffed cleverly while we both put on our seatbelts.

"Stop it, he doesn't," I awkwardly replied.

"Trust me. If I wasn't there, he'd have your number by now."

I roll my eyes. He stops the car after just a few blocks.

"Wha—"

"I'm going to get us both takeout coffee, it's freezing out there," he cut in. "I'll be quick."

"Okay," I said. He goes out, practically running towards the convenience store we stopped in front of. He may have been dead serious about being quick.

Harry left the engine on and I'm thankful because he was right, it was freezing. The heater helped lots in slowly setting the temperature inside and even so, London has never felt colder in the early morning hours.

"I'm back, I'm back," Harry said, handing me the cup from his hands.

"Yes, yes, I know, I see you," I giggled.

He sits on the driver's seat again after handing me my third coffee in less than twenty four hours. We both sip from our hot beverages. The trailing warmth from my throat down to my stomach feeling so good.

Harry puts his phone out and checks the time, "Wow, it's morning? Good morning Vivien."

"I know, couldn't believe it either," I said, "Good morning Harry."

We sat in silence. Occasional sips can be heard as we try to get the most from the heat of our drinks. The faint sound of Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum keeps the whole thing from being awkward.

I couldn't help but pay attention to the lyrics of the song. In a perfect world, if emotions were expressed in their plainest, most direct form I'd probably be singing them to him, ignoring the fact that I'd be out of tune.

It brought me back to the moment where it seemed the only perfect thing to do was kiss. Just kiss. Just a kiss. And yet, in true flawed fashion, I backed out. Harry was staring outside the window and I took the chance to look at him. I wonder what he thought about it, about this, about what happens next. About how fast things went for us in just hours.

I hear him sigh, "I forgot I have to be at the airport before noon."

"Oh, that early?" I said with concern, breaking away from my stare before he notices. "Let's get going then so you could catch some sleep and prepare."

As much as I'd want for time to stop for us again, it's the real, right thing to do. All of this was bound to end anyway.

"No, I'm okay, I could stay just for a little bit more," he reassured. "Finish your coffee first then we'll go."