Chapter 3 - 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕

They landed on a surface that dented inwards upon impact, a rubbish disposal area in a back alley.

The girl in the arms of the man armed with a flame quirk heard an audible groan. It was Dabi.

" Shit! Dabi, are you alright? " She asked with panic clearly present in her voice.

" Yeah I'm good, don't worry about me, " Dabi uttered, knowing that telling her his ribs really hurt would only make her even more worried.

She was just so kind. He couldn't let her feel guilty for not protecting him. He knew her all too well.

She would make Chamomile tea for him when he couldn't fall asleep, surround him with Lavender petals when he seemed exhausted after his missions and so much more.

He would protect her with his life, and so would she.

Both of them snapped out of their trance, scrambling up to search, this time for an escape.

Kurogiri probably didn't get Koharu's emergency call due to some reason which was a situation the pair knew was not good at all.

A burning fireball emerged from the shattered window of the building they were next to.

Crap, the blindness wore off, Koharu realized.

Dabi made a barrier of fire covering them, like a dome shield protecting both of them from any harm.

" Haru! Ideas? " Dabi called, desperate for an answer, knowing he couldn't hold the barrier for long against the mighty orange-flamed hero.

She had one, but it was a long shot. She could conjure up some Lily of The Valley petals, which would act directly on the hero's heart, slowing it down and if she was lucky enough, illusions as well.

Koharu was tired and she knew it. Her quirk was getting to her body, the effects of the petals she created slowly being absorbed into her body, the more she used it.

It was a beautiful quirk, but she never really told others what would happen if it was overused to a certain extent. She always cared about other people before herself and in this case, she didn't even tell Dabi, her best friend about it.

 She just avoided creating too many lethal petals at once, afraid her weakness would show, and it worked. No one suspected a thing, no one asked a thing.

In missions, she would just knock the heroes out and let the rest take care of them. She had never ended a life, as much as she was labelled a villain.

The olive-eyed female stared at Dabi clenching his teeth, struggling to keep up the flames.

She was going to protect him, no matter what.