Logan - Part Two

Feeling more than annoyed, I started to jog back home. I decided not to dwell on what what had just happen any further. It honestly wouldn't even bother me whether, whoever that was, and her family showed up tonight or not. Like who does she think she is?! I stopped myself realising again... I was still thinking about it. Come on Logan... I scolded myself. I had more important matters to be thinking about.

The sun was in full beam as the afternoon rolled in, I noticed quite a few pack members on the way back home and wondered how many of these would be joining my family tonight. One of the encounters was with Mia and Rae. Mia moved in to the pack house just a few months ago, she's with Basker. I didn't really have much of a say in the matter, It would be weird for them to live apart seeing as they are mates. She's a decent person, we haven't always seen eye to eye, but we agree it's best for both of them, you can't keep mates apart. It's a pack rule.

Rae however had always been considered the most attractive she-wolf in the pack. She was beautiful, with long red hair that was always in bouncy loose curls, she had stunning green eyes and best of all? My fathers approval. My father had always tried to push us to become this 'power couple'. I never agreed to this, I preferred the idea of choosing my own path.
I gave them both a quick nod, they smiled, Rae subtlety winked at me when before I continued on my way home.

The moment I finally arrived back at the pack house I rushed straight into the locker room to get ready for my sparring session. Basker and Misty constantly test my limits to make sure I'm on top and reaching personal targets. We can't have the future Alpha falling below his A-game can we? I noticed that there was some left-over lunch on the table, but I wasn't in the mood for food, so much of the day had already gone by with having to deliver that stupid invite, I just wanted some 'me' time. Besides, I figured that I'd have to save myself for the fancy dinner later on anyway.

I reached the changing room, having already stripped from my clothes, I was already butt naked. At this point, I had no time to waste. I threw on some shorts and a fresh T-shirt and headed outside where my packmates were already waiting or for me. "About time, huh"? Misty said, using a snarky tone. -Whatever- I thought, and just gave her a quick smile. I wasn't in the mood for games and I was late. Basker and Misty were already well on their way through the sparring session. Self-defense was on the schedule for today, so no equipment was required, which was fine, I worked better with my fists anyway.

I felt like I could just jump right in, confident Logan, as always. I went in for a few hits on Basker that he swiftly dodged. Shortly after that, he threw some back. One of them caught me off guard and knocked me off my feet. It made me fall over and then Misty let out a laugh as loud as you can imagine, though she eventually came over to help me up. Maybe I was more nervous about tonight than I thought I was. Usually self-defense is my strongest trait but today was seemingly not going to go my way. I grabbed Misty's hand and pulled myself up, the continued sparring with Basker carried on as soon as I was up. These guys would not give me a break. I liked it.

I had just gotten out of the shower, that training session had left me spent. The cool water running down my chest sent shivers straight though my spine and it was the wake up call I knew I'd need for tonight. I let my hair air dry, it was fairly short anyway. Picking out my suit, I remembered something my father would say, "Picking out the battle armour is just as important as the war." Next decision, tailored or slim fit? Well my ass would look good in tailored, but the slim fit seemed more appropriate. At least then I could eat more profiteroles.

I gently laid the suit on the bed and opening my top draw I picked out some boxers. You know what this dressing room montage was missing? Some music. I turned up the radio, some generic music started blasting through my speakers. Yeah, now the Alpha was in the mood for a feast.

It was time. The suit was on and the cars were rolling in. I took one last look in the mirror as I fixed my hair and tied my tie. It's happening... I thought to myself. I could feel the nerves trying to creep up on me, but I tried my best to shake them off. I had nothing to worry about. I'd been ready for this moment for as long as I could remember. I sighed long and deep before I started to head down the stairs. Here goes nothing, you better be ready to welcome your new Alpha Midnight Moon pack.

As I got to the hall, I was greeted with hundreds of eyes on me. The moment I walked through the double doors, they all stood up, one after one, as my father announced my arrival.

"Logan James Fenton, son of the Alpha, successor of the pack."

I walked through, trying to work my way to my assigned seat. I was greeted by the elders first, then managed to gradually make my way towards the other pack members that had been invited. As I was closing in on my table, I saw the she-wolf... The one that had a feisty little mouth that I'd met briefly today. Here she was at my ascending dinner, standing awkwardly by the table. I didn't think she would come, but there she was in her gorgeous figure hugging red dress... I sat down at my table as I tried to compose myself. All I could think about in that moment was how the lining on her panties raised through the material of her dress and hugged around her perky little ass.

This was going to be a long night...