Emily - Part Four

We both stood there frozen, it felt like a lifetime before Logan opened his mouth to speak. I looked at him waiting to see what he would say, he looked as if he was thinking before he started to smirk. "I guess it's easy for wolves to get lost in such a big house when they aren't used to it." The whole room erupted in laughter. What? Then he turned to me, "Why don't you go sit down now? That's if you can remember your way to the seat?" The smile on his face was malicious, his perfect teeth grinning at me like a Cheshire Cat.

Before I could move, the red head from earlier had come to retrieve her lost goods. She grabbed hold of Logan's arm and sauntered towards the alpha's table with him, looking back briefly to throw daggers at me with her eyes. I was still stood frozen, what had just happened? Half of the pack were still laughing at the poor unfortunate girl that didn't know her way around the big house and the other half weren't interested at all. Safe to say I preferred the latter.

What did he think he was playing at? Suddenly, I remembered a crucial piece of information that i'd lost in the heat of the moment... This was Logan Fenton, future alpha of the midnight moon pack. The guy I had spent so many years despising for his rude and cruel demenor. At least now my sense seemed to be returning. Walking over to my parents table, I quickly put my head down and refused to look up again all evening. My parents were giving each other worried looks. "Sweetie?" Came my mum's voice from across the table, "where did you go?" I plastered a smile on my face and looked up at my parents, "It's such a big house, I guess I should've listen more in pack history class." Even though we all knew I got straight A's.

The rest of the evening went by without any more problems, the only problem I now had was deciding how I was going to make Logan pay for embarrassing me in front of the pack. We left and said thanks to Alpha Choal and his family. Logan was stood there smiling and waving at everyone leaving, I quickly walked on, avoiding eye contact with him. By the time we had got in the car and driven home, Whitt was stood outside my house with her suitcase and handbag. I had completely forgotten that it was sleepover night.

I slammed the car door harder than I probably should've, Whitt winced. "That bad huh?" Her voice was soft and I could tell there was something she wasn't saying. "Spit it out Whitt, what're you keeping from me?" I asked her, already annoyed. She reached into her pocket and retrieved her phone, she scrolled until she found the Pelt Weekly page. The top of the article read:

"She-wolf leaves and returns suspiciously with Alpha Choal's son during ascending dinner."

The next one read:

Caught! She-wolf distracts future alpha from important dinner!

I looked at the articles horrified. How did they manage to publish this stuff already? Whitt put her phone away and took my arm, "come on, I'll get the hot chocolate on and you can tell me all about it." I dragged myself up to my room and put on my expensive pyjamas from my wardrobe, Whitt and I had spontaneously decided to buy matching ones once, the only time I ever wore them was when she came over. Not long after, my bedroom door opened and In came two steaming mugs of hot chocolate, closely followed by Whitt.

"Okay-"she started, putting down the mugs on either side of my bed. "What's with the headline?" I instantly pulled the blanket over my head to avoid eye contact, Whitt was one step ahead of me and jumped in the bed beside me. I sighed, "did you feel it earlier?" Whitt looked at me confused before her eyes bulged out of her head, realising what I was referring to, "you mean the Yen right?" I nodded. "Oh My Goddess, Em! You... You and Logan? Did you?" "-NO! Of course not!" I quickly corrected her. "Why in the world would I sleep with Logan! He's an ass." She eyed me suspiciously, I wasn't exactly lying, I was definitely still a Virgin and he hadn't exactly helped anyway.

"Then what's with the headlines?" She shook me out of my thoughts. "Honestly, I walked out of the room during the Yen, it was too much... he was out around the time I was and we happened to walk back in together..." I shrugged my shoulder to add emphasis on how unexciting the situation was. In my mind I could feel his hand on my mouth and silky voice whispering against my ear. "Well if that's all it is... pack headlines usually go away as quickly as they start anyway." I sure hoped so, I didn't want people thinking I was like the other girls Logan paraded around with.

The rest of the evening was spent cuddled up with Whitt, watching movies and talking about the guy she was spending Yen with. She was a beautiful wolf, her hair was as black as a raven's feathers and her eyes were like melted caramel. It's no surprise she had someone to spend it with. I wondered back to when my family found her as a young pup, just in the boarder of pack territory. She didn't remember anything about how she got there, but she was welcomed by the pack swiftly.

She became my best friend after she moved in with the Neilsons's, my parents couldn't look after two growing she-wolves and they offered to take her in. I contemplated bringing up the past and thought better of it. She was laughing now and talking about visiting Bernard tomorrow. Bernard was a friend of ours and he lived at the bakery, we called him 'Barney' because every time you mentioned a guy he liked, his skin would turn the brightest shade of pink.

I nodded my head along with her, still lost in my own thoughts. She wasn't a rogue anymore, she was part of our pack and she was part of the family. I snuggled closer to her as we both started to drift off to sleep. I would never find another friend like her, she was my soul sister.

A small nagging thought was trying to make its way into my head as I was close to sleep, I could only ever catch the end of it...

Alpha Logan...