Act 1 Part 1

ok the formatting still sucks but i fixed it a little - i didn't realize how bad it was before :) enjoy

Act 1

EXT. Riverside prep

The davis's car pulls up to the large campus of riverside prep. A door opens and juliette climbs out, looking nervous but excited. Students are catching up on the lawn around a fountain in front of the school. Someone tosses a football and juliette has to duck to avoid being hit.

Mrs. Davis

Juliette? Will you be alright?

Juliette smiles nervously.

JuliETTE DAVIS

Yup. I'll be fine.

Mrs. Davis starts to pull away as cars behind her honk.

MRS. DAVIS

Good. I'll meet you here at three o'clock!

Mrs. Davis drives away before Juliette can respond. Juliette stares up at the tall building, then starts down the path to the school. She trips over a girl's foot as she walks. Cassie Belle grumbles.

Cassie belle

Watch it!

Juliette tries to get up but trips over her own feet.

JuLIETTE DAVIS

Sorry! Sorry!

Juliette finally stands up and hurries away from Cassie. She disappears into the building without turning back.

INT. Riverside prep

Juliette weaves through the hall, clearly trying not to bump into anyone as she makes her way straight into the girls bathroom. She collapses against the wall, then notices another girl staring into the mirror.

JuLIETTE DAVIS

Oh!

Juliette makes a move to leave. Natasha Kelly looks up, also surprised. She glances at Juliette and smiles, stepping away from the mirror.

Natasha kelly

Hi there. Are you new?

Juliette pauses and turns around.

JULIETTE DAVIS

(shyly)

Um, yes. Is it that obvious?

NaTASHA KELLY

No, no, it's just that - well, yes. Why else would you be in the girls bathroom on day one, looking like a lost dog?

Juliette's expression changes and she starts to look a little happier.

JULIETTE DAVIS

I guess I was a little obvious. I just moved to Riverside so I don't really know anyone. I was born here. Did I already mention that?

NATASHA KELLY

No. Who do you have for homeroom?

JulIETTE DAVIS

Guller.

NATASHA KELLY

Ooh! Lucky! I got Fieldman.

JULIETTE DAVIS

How long have you been attending Riverside Prep?

NATASHA KELLY

Three years. I have to warn you - it's a little clique-y.

JulIETTE DAVIS

(laughing dryly)

Yeah, I've noticed. Who are your friends?

Natasha suddenly becomes very interested in a key chain on her backpack.

NATASHA KELLY

(vaguely)

Oh...you know.

Juliette watches her for a second, then seems to realize.

JULIETTE DAVIS

Oh.

NATASHA KELLY

Yeah.

Suddenly, the bathroom door bursts open. Both girls jump, then Natasha pales as she sees the group of perfectly-dressed girls enter.

JULIETTE DAVIS

(whispering to Natasha sarcastically)

Friends of yours?

Natasha KELLY

(whispering to Juliette)

You should probably get to class.

JuliETTE DAVIS

But-

Natasha KELLY

Seriously. I'll be fine.

JULIETTE DAVIS

Are you sure?

NATASHA KELLY

Just get out of here. Now!

JULIETTE DAVIS

Okay then. I'll get going. Er, don't want to be late on my first day, right?

With that, Juliette hurries out of the bathroom.