𝒜 𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓁 𝐼𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

As a tingly sensation fills Aillard's body as he slowly wakes up. He feels a sharp pain in his head and tries to reach for it but he's handcuffed to a tree.
"Great to see you're not dead, I'd hate to carry a corpse with to this guy. You understand that this could possibly set me off for life?" says Freya, who's sitting by an open fire.

        "Wh-where are we?!" asks Aillard, attempting to get the handcuffs of him.
     "Well, last i checked. We're about a few miles from Wendlyn, and you've been out cold for the three hours it took to get here."
              "B-but how did you escape?! Not only were Shaye and her troops right behind us before you jumped out the window with me!"
    "You see," Freya stands up and walks over to him, placing a hand on his cheek, "They think we're dead. You hitting your head couldn't have worked any better. I left you in the river long enough for them to see your body and run down to get you. But i took you away before they got there. They're most likely searching the nearest rivers from there as we speak."

          Aillard looks at her in horror as he moves away from her as best he can.
       "Y-you're insane! Just let me go already!"
     "Ah, you see. I can't. Even if i did, you wouldn't be able to last a week in these forests. So i matter what, you're stuck with me for the best outcome for your pretty face."
           Aillard slowly seems to lose strength in his body and falls to his knees and begins to tear up a bit. Freya notices and quickly gets down to check on him.
        "Woah woah woah, what's wrong? Why the sudden tears?" she asks, wiping a tear from his face.
    "I-I just wanna go home~.... I'm not made for this-!" he whimpers looking at her.
           Freya see's the sadness in his eyes, he's broken down without anywhere to go. Completely helpless... At last, she sighs.
       "Alright, as much as you wanna go home, I can't let that happen. So what would you think about just sitting by the fire with me instead if being stuck to this tree?" she asks, placing her hands on his shoulders.
      He seems to lighten up a bit at the sound of this and slowly nods his head with a sniffle. She helps him up as takes the key out of her pocket and uncuffs him. Aillard feels his sore wrists as he sits down on a log next to where Freya was.
     "Alright, I'm guessing you're probably hungry after all of that. Do you think you could stay here while i find a deer or something to cook?" asks Freya.
        "Y-yeah. I think i could do that." Aillard responds.
      "Okay, it's set then. Don't try anything funny while I'm gone."
     She walks off into the woods by herself as he sits waiting for her.

      After a few minutes if nothing, Aillard gets curious and stands up to look around for Freya in the direction she left. And just after a minute, he hears a struggle come from not too far ahead of him. He finds a big rock that he barely is able to lift up before getting closer. Between a few tree trunks, he see's a troll pinning Freya against a tree.
       It speaks to her in a seemingly foreign language as she's trying to prevent it from stabbing her.
      "Listen bud, you don't want to do this. You only get a reward for turning me in if I'm alive, do you really want me dead?" Freya says.
      The troll presses harder and the is about to stab her before Aillard tosses the rock at it's head, causing a loud crunch and a huge dent in it's head. The troll falls to the ground not long after, and Freya looks at Aillard in an almost shock.

       "I knew letting you go would bring me something good. And great thinking with the rock!" she says placing a hand on her chin.
    "What else was I supposed to use?! I don't carry around weapons casually like you!" he responds.
          "That's where you're wrong, I happen to have the ability to summon weapons at my own will. Elven magic truly has it's perks after all."
      After a moment of glancing at her, Aillard notices something.
      "Where'd your mask go?"he asks.
    "Well, our good buddy who's dead on the ground ripped it off. It's useless to me now, unless it charms you in some sort?" she says with a smirk.
      "I-in your dreams!"
    "Heh, worth a shot. Anyways, you think you could help me bring this deer back to the fire?"
"I suppose. Though maybe when we get back, you could tell me about yourself. Considering I'll be stuck with you for a while."
Freya gives him a look.
"I literally just captured your, and you wanna get to know me? You're strange pretty boy, why should I?"
"Well, it's like you said." Aillard lifts the front legs of the deer as Freya takes the back, "Everyone I've ever known thinks I'm dead. Going back really isn't an option, I doubt I'd even make it back in my own if you'd let me. Might as well at this point."
Freya gives him a more sincere look.
"Alright pretty boy, let's just hope you know how to cook."
          "I have a name you know right?"
                                "I know, I'm not good with names." "Well, my name's Aillard Henderson. And you?"
                                                 "Freya Diamond"