𝒜 𝒥𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓃𝑒𝓎'𝓈 𝐸𝓃𝒹

-𝕊𝕨𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟-
As Freya walks through the door with Aillard, she gets looks from men that guard several places in the hall, leading to a bigger set of doors.
"The boss is inside waiting, you arrived early." says one guard in front of the doors.
"I got lucky with the boat ride. Lucky me that I wasn't stuck in there longer." responds Freya.
"He'll be happy, you may see him now."
The doors open slowly where there's a throne like chair at the end of a red carpet, where sits an elf with power.
"My my darling, you've come back fast. I've missed you." he says.
"It's been 10 years, get over it." she responds.
"9 years, 11 months, and 29 days. I told you that you had 10 years exactly. And you delivered. I never doubted you-"
"Just take him! You said you'd leave me alive once I've done this Adrastos, we had a deal."
"Yes yes, we do indeed. I abandoned you saying when you bring the Prince to me, I'll remove you from my kill list. And i will do so," Adrastos looks at Aillard," Hope the journey wasn't too harsh for you buddy. I've been waiting years for this moment."
He walks over and places a hand on het shoulder.
"Men, hold him down. I wouldn't want him leaving us now,would we?"
Two men grab Aillard and stand him up straight as Adratos leads Freya to his throne.
"It's time for your reward Darling-"
"Stop calling me that."
"It's been a while,you've grown and all since then, I get it. You're no longer my little girl. You do owe everything that you have to me still, dont forget that..."
"Just get it over with-"
"What reward is he talking about Freya?!" Aillard asks.
Freya tenses up at the sound of him, he shouldn't have to hear it.
"Well well well, has he come fond of you dear? Tell him-"
"NO!"
"...No? Do you know who you're talking to?" Adrastos gives a hand motion and the two men bring blades to Aillard's throught, and he holds Freya back," tell him, or he dies."
Freya looks in horror as she grits her teeth before looking at Adrastos.
"Fine, I'll tell him. But don't kill him...." he lets her go, "I... I did it to feel accepted by him. He was the best thing in my life while I was with the gang. He gave me special treatment and everything. Then one day, I got half of the gang killed because I couldn't bear myself to torture a guard dog. That's the day he threw me out, saying that he'd take me back if I'd bring you to him, and if I never within 10 years... He'd kill me."
Aillard looks in shock as tears flood down his face.
"Awww look at his face. That's the face of a man who's broken. You did the right thing dear..."
"What are you going to do with him now?"
Adrastos gives Freya a smirk, before looking the guards dead in the eye.

"Take him to the back room, I'll kill him when I'm done with her."
"Wait, WHAT?!"
Adrastos grabs her by the neck as the two men take Aillard out of the room.
"YOU LIAR! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T KILL HIM! LET HIM GO!"
"And why would YOU care?! He's just another person in the way of my reign of our new Empire! It's you and me baby! You wanted to be back in, you for back in!"
"I WILL NEVER RULE WITH YOU!!!"
"Ah, what a shame... You could be mine again, but you just might as well get in the way too."
He turns her around to face him as he faces his throne.
"Your skull will make. A VERY nice addition to my collection. And now you'll die for the same reason your family did, you got, IN MY WAY!"
Freya closes her eyes as she feels a tear fall down her face. How was she supposed to know? She, she trusted him! She feels her mask being dragged down before she hears a loud crack.

But yet, she feels no pain. In fact, she's let go by Adrastos. She opens to see his head slumped on her shoulder...
with an arrow through his skull.

Freya looks up to see Aillard standing there, bow in hand.
"AILLARD!?"
She runs over to him and hugs him and he hugs him back.
"How did you do it?! They- they were going to take you to-"
Freya breaks down in tears on him.
"I kept one of the daggers from thr mountain. I thought it would come in handy." he explains.
"I taught you well,didn't I?" she says with a laugh.
"You did indeed."
Freya breaks off from him for a moment, and looks him in the eye.
"Wait, what about the other guards-?"she asks.
"You would have us to thank." says a voice from behind.
Freya looks over to see Shaye and some troops.
"Oh shit, I'm in trouble aren't I?"
"Big trouble."
Shaye begins to walk over to them but Aillard holds Freya away.
"No, no she's not. I'm in charge of sentencing, remember? I'm deciding her fate." says Aillard.
"As you wish your majesty." Shaye responds.
Aillard faces Freya again.
"Do I get to appeal and speak my opinion?"
"Not this time."
Freya gives a nervous look and braces for the sentence.
"Freya Diamond. Age 23, and master bandit of Wendlyn. I hearby sentance you..." he gives her a smile," to fix this place back in order. Make sure all of his old followers who dont wish to join you die. And once you've arranged this group for the City's Guard, then your may return to Wendlyn. Only then, will you see me again."
        "Wait, you're not gonna kill me? Even after that?" Freya asks.
      "Nope, I understand now that you were blind to what was going to happen."
            "Prince Aillard! Why do you do this?" asks Shaye.
        "I've grown to know The 'Midnight Dagger'. And I've learned some new things about myself as well. And for bringing me on a great adventure, I will let her go, a free woman. But my next question is, how did you guys get here so fast?!"
          "Fair question, as soon as I noticed we couldn't find your body or her's. We traced her origins from other local bandits, and came here to look for you two. That's when we heard yelling from here and came inside."
        "Huh. You're not to bad Shaye, even though you did be like, my moral enemy back there."
     "I'll take that compliment. But I must bring the Prince back home, his father awaits him."
         "In a moment Shaye, I'd like to say goodbye. One last time?" asks Aillard.
      "I will give you two time, we'll wait outside." Shaye answers.
          She leads her men out and close the door behind them.
          "Now that we're alone, anything you want to say that won't get you killed?" he says.
       "Nothing that bad,this time at least. But I do want to say some things." she responds.
              "You may."
      "Well, first things first. Do you know how long it's going to take for me to do that task?! Years!"
             "I know, but you did almost kill me multiple times."
      "True. But I am going to miss you. After I got used to you being a fucking whimp, you weren't half bad."
             "I can say the same about you being kinda an ass to me."
         "We're even then."
       They both laugh at that before they look at eachother again.
                    "Well, I guess this is it huh?"Aillard asks.
         "It would seem to be... I'm going to miss you Pretty Boy."
      "Same to you 'Midnight Dagger'."
                  "You, and only you, can call me Freya."
          He hugs her one last time. Letting the moment sink in.
                        After a minute, they break appart.
                "There's one last thing I'll miss about you."
        "Which is?"
                   "You. Just you in general."
          "Indeed," Aillard turns to the door and pushes it open, "Until we meet again, Freya."
            "Agreed, farewell Aillard." Freya says.
        She waits for him to leave, but he stops and turns back.
              "Ah, one last thing."
           "What could that be I wonder?"
                  "I love you Freya."
             She gives him a smirk.
                  "I love you too, you tall freak. Now get back here I give you a kiss."
            "Too late, you'll have to wait on that part."
          "Oh ho ho, you're a clever one. Promise me that you'll kiss me when our paths cross in the future!"
                    "I cross my heart, and I promise that I will wait for you. My doors are always open when you're done."
               Freya watches Aillard walk away,  knowing that she'll find him again.

        -𝔸ℕℕℕℕℕℕℕ𝔻 𝕋ℍ𝔸𝕋'𝕊 𝕀𝕋. 𝕀𝕋'𝕊 𝕆𝕍𝔼ℝ-! 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕜𝕚𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘. 𝕀'𝕧𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕦𝕪𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨. 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤 𝕚𝕥!-