Chapter 29 - Broke her

Credits to the artist for that amazing artwork!

Chapter 29

Broke Her

Mark POV:

We all nod, following a few feet behind Dark as he exits the room. We trail behind him silently, following him through the halls.

"I'm glad Dark is on our side. The guy looks like he's about to rip someone's head off," Wilford whispers to me, elbowing my side slightly to get my attention.

"Just let him do his thing and don't get in his way," I respond. Wilford nods.

A sudden shift in our moods causes us all to tense up. Our concerned mindset goes to angry, all of us now in a silent rage, and ready to get back at Anti for what he's done. Dark's anger is almost radiating off of him, causing him to pass it all on to us.

We continue through the castle until we come to a pair of huge wooden doors. Without hesitation, Dark slams the doors open and marches in, us filing in behind.

The ballroom is slightly smaller than the one in Dark's mansion but fairly similar. Round arches hang over windows on the left and ride sides of the ballroom, drapes tied back against the arches allowing some sunlight to shine through. The room is cream-colored, and golden details emphasize the beauty of the room. For whatever reason, this was the only room in the castle that was bright and beautiful. Pretty ironic considering what was about to go down.

Dark's shoes click against the polished wood floor as he stops in front of Anti. We step to the side so we can see their faces, and Dark's eyes are glowing an even deeper red than before. Anti stares at Dark with a deadpan expression before turning his head towards us. He locks his eyes on the Host before a sly grin appears on his face.

"Bring another sandwich for me? The other one was really good."

Dark takes a step towards Anti, causing Anti to bring his eyes back to Dark as he takes a step back. The expression on Dark's face is unexplainable. The words hatred and anger aren't even close enough to describe it.

"What did you do to her?" Dark growls. Anti shrugs his shoulders and begins to levitate, flying around in small circles for a moment before stopping.

"The question, is what did you do to her?" He responds, an evil grin spreading across his face.

"What did you do to her, Anti?" Dark repeats.

"Nothing you wouldn't have done to some cheating whore," Anti responds, eyeing me, "She doesn't even love ya. She's using ya, Darky."

Dark bares his teeth slightly, trying to keep his composure. Anti's grin widens, seeing Dark's reaction.

"You would give yer life for her? The lass doesn't care about ya. Think about it, Darky. Yer gonna give up ruling the world, for what? A cheating-"

"Shut the fuck up, Anti," Dark snaps, "Tell me where she is. Now."

Anti rolls his eyes. "C'mon, Darky. Yer really gonna yell at yer old pal like this? Come back to me, Darky. We rule the world as we planned. 50/50 split," Anti persuaded.

Dark let out a deep breath, shaking his head slowly. "I will never be on your side, Anti. I never was."

Anti groans, floating a little higher. His eyes begin to glow neon green. "So be it, then. And before I murder ya, I'll let ya in on a little secret..."

Anti does a few more flips in the air, cackling to himself evilly. His hands turn into claws, a neon green liquid drips from the tips of his claws. After a moment, he stops and stares Dark straight in the eye.