CHAPTER FIFTEEN - HOME DESIGN

Paint smeared dungaree clad legs walked through the busy streets, nimbly dodging people as they headed towards the stone building at the end of the road. The heavy wooden doors swung open as a young girl approached the building. Every head turned to stare at her as she padded down the aisle, heading straight for the tall desk at the end.

"Hello," the blonde girl spoke, her voice clear but quiet as she gained the small creature's attention. The goblin looked at the child with contempt; he grunted in response. "Fortius Quo Fidelius. I have a meeting scheduled with Vostukt; he's my account manager. May you fetch him for me?" The bank-teller simply raised an eyebrow at her, not believing that such a young girl would have such a formidable goblin on her case. "My name is Eliana-Hope Dumbledore-Black, and I need to speak with my account manager as soon as possible."

The goblin rang a bell, and a younger-looking goblin ran through into the room. After a muttered conversation, the second creature walked up to Hope and grabbed her hand, pulling her away and through a small door. Vostukt, a rotund goblin with thick eyebrows, sat around a big circular table with several sheets of paper spread in front of him. "May your gold flow, and your enemies blood boil in their veins." Vostukt looked up in shock, not realising that someone had walked into the room.

"Miss Dumbledore-Black, thank you for coming in. You mentioned that you wanted to talk about your properties and inheritances. We'll start with an inheritance test which will show any bloodlines you follow." Vostukt spoke, pushing a blank sheet of parchment and a diamond-encrusted knife towards Hope. "Prick your finger and put two drops of blood on the paper."

Hope swiftly picked the knife up and created a small slit in her right-hand ring finger. She turned her hand over, letting the blood drip slowly onto the paper. The goblin looked-on impressed as the young girl barely flinched before carelessly sliding the knife back to him and popping her finger in her mouth, sucking it clean.

A few moments after landing, the blood began spreading, moving and weaving into words the same deep rouge colour as her blood. Her eyes raked over the paper, skipping over the sections detailing her family, her vaults, and her magical characteristics before stopping at the long list of properties she had access to. She handed the paper over to the goblin staring at him in confusion and shock.

"In the case of death and therefore inheritance, a total of twenty-four properties would be available to you. As it is, eleven properties can currently be accessed as you are the future Head of the Dumbledore family and the Heir to the Black family." Vostukt explained, slightly annoyed at the look of bewilderment on the girl's face, handing her the paperback.

"What is a future head? I can't be the Head of the Dumbledore family. My Grandfather is still alive, and he was the oldest son." She explained, causing the goblin to flick through the papers in front of him before sighing and pushing it towards Hope.

"It says here that Albus Dumbledore had his rights revoked sometimes during 1923. Aberforth was then made the Heir until he rescinded his rights during March of 1980. As your mother died in February of 1981, you became Lady Dumbledore, pending on your coming of age and acceptance of the role." Vostukt spoke, his voice eager and full of excitement.

"If I can't become Head of House Dumbledore until I turn seventeen and Albus had his rights revoked, who is currently in charge of the house," Hope questioned, glancing at the papers again in confusion.

"Currently, the House has no Lord or Lady. However, any major decisions or changes could be either carried out by Aberforth Dumbledore, as the last Heir or yourself, as the current Heir," Vostukt replied, glancing at the girl with pity and sympathy as she took in the information. "All of this can be dealt with at a later date if you would prefer. After all, it is still over five years until your inheritance. The only thing you need to do today is decide on a property to claim and find out how to unlock it."