Zoe

Hey guys! Welcome to my new reaction fic, SiX the Musical style! Just so you're aware, I will be spelling Parr's first name as Kathryn, Aragon's first name as Catherine, and Howard's first name as Katherine, just so that I can differentiate between the three, although I will (mostly) be referring to everyone but Zoe by their last name.

Enjoy the fic!

Cooking was Zoe's favorite activity. Not because she liked eating the food, but because it provided a distraction. It was challenging enough that she had to focus, but she didn't find herself stressed to get everything right. Not to mention, what you create could feed you. Of course, she generally didn't eat the food, she barely ate at all. Still, it was the perfect hobby. 

Her favorite things to make were desserts. Cookies, cakes, brownies, pie, everything. One day, she hoped to be able to sell these confections made of her emotions. Maybe her customers would be intrigued by her emotional foods. They'd ask, "What kind of emotions did you feel when making this cake?" She'd answer, "The deepest sort of satisfaction," or "Anger mixed with relief," or even the current emotions in her cupcakes, "A sadness so deep you feel happiness may betray thou when you next feel it."

Also known as a specific mixture of blueberries, cream, raisins, chocolate chips, and paprika. It sounded odd, but she was sure that it would work. She always made it work.

It had occurred to her that her "story" could be called similar to that of Jenna from the musical Waitress. Then again, she didn't have an abusive husband. More like an overprotective, yet sensitive, boyfriend. Sam was a good guy, much better than 'Earl' or whatever his name was. She wasn't much of a fan of musicals, such is why she never really strived to learn any specific details about Waitress.

Well, except for those musicals about history. She liked history. Obviously, Newsies and Hamilton weren't completely historically accurate. Newsies was extremely Disney-fied, and Hamilton had many subtly inaccurate parts, as well as a skewed timeline. Still, she was a fan. 

History had always been exciting to her. So much so that she had always wanted to wear dresses like those who lived in the 1700s. Once her parents had gotten their breaks and they started making lots of money, they started buying her dresses. To this day, she couldn't seem to live without wearing them. She wore them constantly around her house. Her current dress was one of a deep purple, so deep it could be mistaken for maroon. There was lace at the end of her sleeves and some by the top of the neck hole. It was a fairly simple dress, but it was perfect in her eyes. 

The music she was playing from Spotify-a playlist continuously updated by her boyfriend-changed, disrupting the groove she had fallen into while cooking. For a moment, she waited to see what would come on next. The unmistakable opening notes to Heart of Stone began. Zoe smiled, though it was a bit strained. 

She wasn't much of a fan of Six the Musical, though that could be down to the fact that she'd never really paid much attention to it. The concept just seemed too absurd for her to like it. Concerts were loud, hot, and claustrophobic. How anyone could voluntarily go to a concert, even one like this, was beyond her comprehension. Her boyfriend was a fan, though. That was how she knew the music. 

A wave of regret crashed over her. Here she was, thinking about her boyfriend like he still was that. Like he still trusted her. How could he trust her after she cheated on him? 

Their argument from the day before entered her brain, but she willed it to disappear. She didn't want to relive that right now. Not during her cooking time. 

Just as she began to pour the batter into the cupcake pan, something in the back of her mind began to buzz, and there was a noise in her ears, not unlike fast wind. Strange, considering it was a warm, definitely not windy day. Still, she poured it all in and placed it in the oven.