01

LAST WALTZ ☆ TWICE.

Chapter One: A dammed break.

- MIDORIYA had been out all day, training with Iida and Todoroki. He was dead tired, and it wasn't even 8pm. He let out a soft sigh as he pressed the '2' button, he just wanted to kiss Uraka goodnight and go to bed. He didn't think he had it in him to shower, let alone talk to people.

He soon made it to Uraraka's room, and he went to knock, but stopped when he heard people talking.

"Do you think we could go out tomorrow, Asui? I wanna show you off~" Uraraka giggled. Midoriya was frozen in place. He obviously wasn't supposed to hear that, but he can't walk. He can't just go to his own bedroom. Not yet.

"Ribbit," Tsu said, and Midoriya could hear her smile in her voice, "sure, Ochaco...I wouldn't mind showing you off either..." Uraraka squealed, and Midoriya could hear her jumping around.

"I have the best girlfriend in the world!" Uraraka said, most likely hugging Tsu, "I love you, Asui!"

Midoriya had heard enough. He didn't wait, and he didn't need to and stay to hear that Tsui told Uraraka that she loved her back. Tears rolled down Midoriya's cheeks has he walked down to his own dorm room.

Of course. Of course this happened to him. Nothing in his life ever came easy, and he was never happy for long. Why would his first relationship be any different? He felt stupid to think he could just have a simple love life.

Midoriya silently closed his door behind him, sliding down against it. "God..." He whispered, letting himself truly cry. His tears wouldn't stop, and he wasn't sure he wanted them to. Midoriya needed a good cry. But, he also needed a break. A break from this. From this life. As much as he wanted to be a hero, he knew that he just needed to pause everything. Just for a little bit.

So, Midoriya picked up his phone, and dialed the number of the one person who never hurt him. The one person who made him feel like life was easy.

"What's up, Zu?" A bright, bubbly voice chimed. Lala. They had talked last night, but her voice was so refreshing to hear.

"I...I need a favor, Lala." Midoriya said simply.

"Anything for you!" Lala said, "Oh—one second. Jacks! Cut it out! Put the knife down and finish dinner!" Midoriya chuckled, remembering his life before everything went downhill. Before this dammed school.

"Okay, I'm back. What do you need, Zu?"

"I wanna come stay with you guys, just for a little bit. Two weeks, maybe."