05

I HATE YOU ☆ WOODZ

CHAPTER 5: SECRETS

THE NEXT DAY

EVERYONE was sitting at the breakfast table, eating in silence. Last night was a long night, just like Christopher and Midoriya thought. Adriana and Bakugou had been fighting all night, and even though their little audience went to bed an hour in, Adriana and Bakugou kept them up all night.

Suddenly, Elana looked up from her breakfast. "Zu, can I ask you a question?"

It took Midoriya a moment to realize that she actually was talking to him, and he going crazy from lack of sleep. "Of course," Midoriya said, still eating.

"As much as I love you being with us..." Elana paused, looking down, "why are you here? What made you come?"

Nobody moved. The question hung in the air for a second. Elana began to talk, going to apologize.

"Uraraka." Midoriya paused, putting down his fork. "She cheated on me."

Oh. Oh.

Bakugou almost shot out of his chair, his drowsy state going away immediately. "What?!"

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Jacks questioned. His voice was calm, too calm. "When did you find out?"

"A week ago." Midoriya whispered, suddenly finding his bowl of soggy cereal extremely interesting.

"You found out a week ago and you didn't fucking say anything?! Does she know that you know?!" Adriana growled, a deep pink mist circling around her. Her hair slowly began to rise, her anger obvious.

Christopher sighed, "Lord, will you all calm down. Please. It's too early in the morning for you to all be this angry." He looked at everyone at the table, "I get that you care about him, but maybe he didn't tell any of you because you all have fucking explosive anger."

Nobody moved, nobody spoke.

Adriana's smoke slowly started to disappear and her hair lowered to where it was. "Sorry, Zu."

Jacks took a deep breath, "Yeah, sorry."  Bakubabe grunted, keeping his attention on his cereal.

"It's...it's okay." Midoriya whispered. "Nobody knows...aside from you guys. And I'd like it to stay that way, please."

"But-"

"Kacchan. Please. Don't say anything until I'm ready." Midoriya pleaded, looking Bakugou in his eyes. The two had a bit of a staring contest, but a few moments in, Bakugou groaned.

"Whatever." Bakugou whispered, clutching his spoon tighter.

"Right now, I don't wanna worry about that. I wanna spend time with my best friends. We can talk about all of that literally at any other time, okay?"

"Okay," Adriana said, giving Midoriya a soft smile.

"Thank you."