Safe

~Shane~

Meghan texted me. She knows about Joey and I. About our past. Heck everyone but Joey know. Well fans don't know either. Meghan texted me telling me to come over. She said Joey wasn't moving or eating or anything. That he would just sit and stare. So of course I came over in hopes to help the poor boy but once I got there, the poor boy was trying to solve his own problem.

Meghan said he went outside to the backyard. Once I got out there I didn't see him. Not until I heard a splash. I walked over and saw him fall into the pool. At first I didn't think anything of it. Maybe he was better but then I noticed, he was fully clothed. Which was my first clue.

Then I noticed he wasn't coming about water. Second clue. Then the I noticed his leg was tied to something. Third clue. Finally, it struck me that he was trying to drown himself and my eyes widened. I yelled his name hoping I was wrong and he would swim up about the water and give me that beautiful smile but he didn't. Then the bubbles from his breath stopped appearing.

I quickly threw my phone and wallet out of my pockets and dived in after him. I untied his leg and grabbed him by the waist. I swam up to the surface and gasped for air. I swam over to the edge and by now Meghan was outside and freaking out. I lifted Joey and laid him on the ground then climbed out of the pool.

Meghan: Oh my god! Is he okay?! Is he breathing?! What do we do?! Why did he do that?! Oh my god Joey, why?!

Shane: I don't think he is going to respond to your questions just yet.

I scanned over his drenched body and remembered I knew how to do CPR.

Shane: Meghan go inside and make some hot tea. Now please.

She nodded her head and I started to give CPR to Joey. I never imagined doing this to him and I wanted to cry. But I had to stay strong. I had to stay focused. Focus on Joey. Which wasn't hard considering he's all I ever think about.

After a few minutes, and I was on the break of tears, thinking it's over, he's gone, he isn't coming back. I lost him for good. Meghan had walked out with the hot tea in her hands. She was already crying and I was doing my best not to.

Meghan: Shane... Shane what if-

I cut her off

Shane: He's fine! He's going to be fine. Everything is going to be fine.

I continued for a few more minutes and just as I was about to give up, he jolted up and started coughing up water. I sighed heavily of relieve. He was fine. I was fine. Everything was sort of fine.

Once he stopped coughing I hugged him. Not tightly because he was sort of out of breath. Which was understandable.

And he hugged me back.

He hugged me and gripped onto my soaked t-shirt so tightly I was worried he would rip it.

Joey: Shane, you're here.

Shane: Of course. Meghan called me over. She was worried about you and damn am I glad I came over.

Joey: Shane, please don't leave. Please just...just stay here. You make me feel okay. Things are less confusing with you.

Shane: Of course, Joey. I'll stay. I'll keep you safe.