⌗ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

TSUKISHIMA KEI

TSUKISHIMA KEI

"as i thought, i am an idiot to think that the idea came up with will work

"as i thought, i am an idiot to think that the idea came up with will work." i groan out of frustration, ruffling my hair.

"is something wrong, kei? you seem much more annoyed than usual. and what is that book for?" my brother asks, placing a slice of strawberry shortcake for me on the desk.

"it's about a magical pen that makes a girl appear if opened." i reply, proceeding on my reading session.

"ah, that myth. why are you interested in such a topic? i thought you'll only be interested in dinosaurs." he giggles, causing me to glare towards him.

"alright, alright. i was just kidding, but i did hear about that myth ages ago. what about it?" he asks.

so, it's only a myth?

"the girl in the pen has been published before the two of us were even born. it's that old." he informs.

does that mean aiko is much more older than me?

"what's wrong? you seem bothered." nii-san asks worriedly.

"i've been reading this book over and over again up until the middle part. however, i can't find the solution on how to restore the pen when it's cracked. it should be right by the start." i answer, reading every word closely to see if i missed a clue.

"cracked? the pen didn't crack in the story, kei. it was broken into two."

that's when i lost my hope. of course, it just have to be broken into two pieces. just great.

"are you hiding something from me, kei?" he suddenly asks, making me look at him in surprise, unable to spit out appropriate words.

i can't let him know what's been happening. it's too out of the question. besides, i swore to myself that no one other than yamaguchi and i will know the truth behind aiko.

"i know that you're doubting about telling me, but kei, i'm your brother. i know that i'm annoying and such, but if you have something in mind, you're always free to tell me." he says with a serious tone and a serious face, causing me to sigh.

guess i have no choice but to tell him everything.

i started to narrate everything towards him, rarely showing him the pen i have in my hand.

"oh, that explains the girl voice i heard in your room before." he replies, making my eyes wide.

"why didn't you scold me then? your little brother is talking to some suspicious girl that appeared out of nowhere." i roll my eyes, closing the book.

"i thought that you were actually courting that girl, so i didn't mind." he answers, rubbing the back of his head.

"w-why would you think that!?" i ask loudly, flustered.

"chill out, kei." he giggles while patting my back, causing me to glare right at his orbs.

"just cut the useless thoughts and help me figure out what to do." i command.

"i really don't know about clues regarding the book, because the pen broke into two in the story, but i suggest you visit her parents and ask for advice. it's impossible for aiko's parents to not know the situation of their daughter, you know." he says.

that's when i felt a tiny piece of hope running through my veins. ask her parents for advice, huh?

 ask her parents for advice, huh?