01

Xia Siyan POV

'Crap, I'm going to be late for school'

I ran as fast as I could along the riverside, hoping that I wouldn't be too late for my first day of school. As I round the corner of the street, the school gates come into view. "Wait for me! Wait hold up, please don't" I yelled as the gates started to close.

Running seemed futile as the distance never shortened between me and the closing gates. Clearly, no one had heard my plea, all still chattering happily in the distance, safely behind the gates. 'I will definitely make it, watch me,' was all I could think of as I sprinted desperately into the campus.

Barely making it in, my feet stumbled its way through the gates just as it closed shut. 'Yes! I mad- Oof!'

My thoughts broke, as I crashed into something. Or rather someone. "Oww, that really hurts," mumbling under my breath, lying on what seemed to be the ground.

"if you are done mumbling I suggest you get up off me this instant"

Opening my eyes, the school badge came into sight, along with a yellow name tag. "Xuezhang, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to crash into you – ahh it hurts." Pushing against his firm chest, I lifted myself off him rubbing my forehead in the process.

"Well next time watch where you're going, you're lucky I'm being kind right now." He gets up off the ground, brushing off the dust on his uniform. Turning around, he walks off to his group of friends, leaving you stranded amongst a crowd of whispering students.

"Did you see that?"

"I can't believe she dared to do that"

"What a bitch, laying hands on what's mine"

Scratching the back of my head, I sheepishly walk away from the crowd and into the building, hoping to disappear from sight.

'Now where can Tingting be... Never mind, I'll just head to class first and find her later'

"Tingting! Where were you today? Weren't we supposed to meet at the school gates? You wouldn't have guessed what happened!" I blabbered out quickly, shaking my best friend's shoulder vigorously.

"Xiaoyan! Ah I'm so sorry, I had some matters to attend to this morning, it wasn't that I didn't want to meet with you today." Chen Yuting pulled me into a hug, as a form of apology for not waiting for me this morning. "Besides, I heard that something great happened to you this morning Xiaoyan. Didn't you meet one of the famous F4?"

"Famous F4? What's that? No, this morning was terrible! I crashed into a xuezhang while running into school and everyone just kept whispering bad things about me! How is that even good?"

My best friend stared at me in disbelief as though I was a stupid little girl.

"You don't know the F4? Out of all people to not recognize in the school, them?" She asked incredulously, which I could only reply by shaking my head. "Wang Hedi, Guan Hong, Liang Jingkang and Wu Xize. The F4. They are the most popular, most successful and smartest seniors that have ever graced this school!"

"And so?" Raising my eyebrows, I couldn't see why the fuss over just 4 simple guys. "Wells, you haven't met them properly yet! They are absolutely swoon-worthy! Girls love them for their looks, and guys idolize and want to be like them, clearly you just don't see it yet," Yuting replied, sending me a weird look.

'What? Just because they are popular, it doesn't mean much, right?'

Well, clearly I was wrong. Before I could even stop her, Chen Yuting launched into an entire speech of introducing the famous F4 to me.