Samhain Festival

Akko's POV

"Ok Akko remember, we need the sacrifice job. Try not to screw this up ok." Said Sucy as we made our way to class.

"Relax, it's me we're talking about." I assured her.

"That's exactly why I'm worried."

We sat down at our desk and waited for Professor Finnelan to give the announcement.

"May the representative of each group come up and pull a faery from the box Professor Lukic is holding." Explained Finnelan

I got up and got in line with everyone else. Each girl went up and took a faery out of the box. I kept track that nobody pulled out my faery.

Eventually it was Diana's turn. Is it just me or has Diana been avoiding me since the mirror incident? I held my breath as Diana pulled out hers.

"Summoning magic" said the faery with a smile.

It was my turn, but I've forgotten which one is the sacrifice. I was tossing up between two until I closed my eyes and pull one out.

A unmotivated voice sighed "sacrifice"

"Yes, oh yeah, oh yeah, I got the sacrifice job." I sang as I did a little victory dance.

Everyone was looking at me in a disbelief.

"Uh, Ms Kagari, you do know what the sacrifice job entails?" Asked Finnelan

"Well yeah, a ghost named Vajarois comes out and eats me and my team. What else is there to say." I answered

Finnelan didn't respond and let me get back to my seat. Class finished up and I went about planning the little show we'll be putting on. During the cover of night I practice my metamorphosis magic just to make sure I haven't gone rusty.

Diana's POV

Again I was awoken by another dream of Akko. The dreams are platonic I assure you but they kept me up all the same. I tried distancing myself from Akko in order to focus.

However to no avail, I still catch myself thinking about her on a daily basis and the dreams never stop. One bizarre one was when I was hugging a small Akko as if she was my teddy bear. Rather than continue my pointless attempts to get to sleep I decided a walk around the school will help.

I made my way out of the dorms until I was overlooking the courtyard. I noticed Akko in the courtyard practicing her metamorphosis magic. Lately Akko has been falling behind and struggling.

It's a lot different from what she was like when she first arrived. Perhaps she's always struggled. I know I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself.

"Are you having trouble Akko?" I asked only a few feet behind Akko.

Akko yelp and frantically juggled her wand before it flung back and I managed to catch it.

"Sorry if I startled you Akko." I apologize

"Nah it's ok. So~~~~~~ you, um, you want to know if I'm having trouble?" Said Akko

"Yes, I've been noticing you falling behind. So I'd like to help if I can." I explained as I hand Akko her wand back.

"Well, I guess if you're offering. I wouldn't mind if you could help me."

I tried to give her a reassuring smile. But I'm not sure if it was noticeable.

"So, are you having any trouble with your metamorphosis magic?"

"Well, no but I want to try something a little more complicated. You know like Chariot." She attempted to explain