3

Sonic's P.O.V
(Past)
I gasped and turned to face him. I was shocked to see him here. "Look, Shadow. I am in no mood to fight. Just leave." I said annoyed as I cleaned the tears away.

"I am not here to fight, Hedgehog." He said taking me off guard. I chuckled but didn't fight him about it, I wasn't in the mood to fight or say anything. I just wanted to calm down. To relax. "I can help." He said in a calm voice.

"You? Help me? How? Why?" I asked and looked up at the sky.

"I am tired of fighting." He said and I could tell he meant it. "You can get some rest at my house. You are free to stay in my guest room as long as you want." He said still sounding calm.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you helped me a lot last time." He said sincerely and I looked at him a bit surprised. I never thought he would actually talk about what happened that day. The day I found him crying. "Just accept the offer."

"Fine. I will." I said and sighed, I was so tired that I did not want to even move. Without telling me a single thing, Shadow grabbed my hand, and chaos controlled us inside his house. I had never been here, no one knew where his house was at, not even Rouge. He kept it a secret so we would not bother him or the civilians so this really took me by surprise.

"The guest room is down the hall to the left, you have a restroom there as well." He said as he let go of my hand and I slowly nodded.

"If you don't let anyone here, why do you have a guest room?" I asked confused.

"I get too injured in the missions I have, if I feel too weak and the bed is covered in blood, I use the guest room. I also sometimes leave all my paperwork in my bed and sometimes I get too tired to clean it. The guest room is just a backup." He said and I nodded. "Go get some rest."

I walked to the guest room and laid down. The truth about Shadow and me is that we had actually started to get along a while ago.

That day I found him crying in the forest, we talked for hours about his past and about mine but I avoided telling him about my family and who I really am. We got to know each other and I cheered him up. We were both finally not fighting or shouting as we talked, we both talked calmly for hours as I let Shadow cry and tell me what was bothering him. But of course, at the end of the conversation and when we both had to go home, he threatened to kill me if I ever said a word about what we had talked about.

We got along that day but ever since then, we had not talked. We had not seen each other only until today.

I closed my eyes and I fell asleep smiling slightly.

The truth is...

After getting to know him, I started liking him...