6

Sonic's P.O.V.
(Past)
"Everyone knows about us already. Isn't it bothering you?" I asked and wrapped my arms around him from behind since he was cooking.

"Why should it? Everyone knows you are mine now." He hummed and purred very lowly.

It had been exactly a month since Shadow and I started dating. He looked to be excited for it to be a month since he was making me breakfast, and I even woke up with flowers next to me at my house.

He'd left me a small note to come to his house and he even gave me a gift. It was just a ring, not a promise or engagement ring but I loved it and I was wearing it. He seemed like he wanted to spoil me.

Rouge had told me that he looked so excited and so happy that we were turning a month. He looked so stressed and happy the first two weeks we were dating and Rouge explained that he was just nervous of doing something wrong since he didn't want to lose me.

I talked to Shadow after that and now he was being more like himself.

"You look so excited." I purred for him and nuzzled his back.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He started purring louder as he made pancakes. "You know this is new to me... But I am happy that we are turning a month." He turned around when he was done and turned off the stove.

"We talked about this, Shadz." I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I know. I know. You said that I should be myself and not be afraid. But this is new to me. And I am just happy that we lasted a month. I figured I would mess up by now and it would be over."

I kissed his cheek very softly as I purred then slowly pulled away. "I am happy too."

He was like a puppy. He was so cute. I never thought I would ever say that about him but it was the truth. He was really trying to not mess up.

We spend the day talking, watching movies, laughing. It was perfect. Until a certain someone decided to disturbed our day.

"We need your help!" Tails shouted from our communicators. We both groaned and pulled away since we were cuddling in the couch.

"On our way, Bud." I answered back and stood up. Shadow pulled me back down and pinned me down to the couch then kissed me making me gasp and tensed up since it was so sudden.

He slowly pulled away after a bit and chuckled softly. He didn't wait for my blush to calm down, he simply pulled me up and chaos controlled us to that place.

I tried to calm down and he looked at me. "Be careful." He said then skated off as he helped Rouge.

I smiled slightly at how worried he was over me and quickly dashed off trying to help the others.

I made sure all the civilians were away and none would get hurt.

We started helping each other each time Eggman would attack. Shadow would protect me and I would protect him. We were a team, we were a couple, we were perfect.

No one could beat us.

No one could separate us.

No one.

After a while, Eggman started to get tired and was starting to go insane since he couldn't beat us when we were together. He started going missing for weeks and would come back with more and stronger robots.

But then something happened...

Something I always knew would happen but deep inside, I never really wanted it to happen.

In just a blink of an eye...

Eggman...

Was gone.