7

Sonic's P.O.V.
(Past)
"I still can't believe he is gone." I chuckled softly as I sat down on a rock.

Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, and I were in front of Eggmans base. Everything was destroyed, the place had burned down to the ground in the accident. I looked up at Shadow, Eggman was his family even if he didn't like that, so I was worried about him.

"I'm surprised it didn't happen before." Knuckles said and crossed his arms.

"What are we going to do now?" Tails looked at me. I felt so empty. Eggman was always the one who was entertaining me.

Eggman was the one who made me feel alive. Chaos, I really hated that man but he was the one who gave me a purpose.

"I always knew one day this would happen, I just never really thought it would. If that makes sense." I sighed.

"Come on. The Doctor wasn't the only one who you have to protect the city from. He's gone because he was so reckless, there are still many people out that need your help." Shadow said and sat beside me then wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer.

A couple days ago, Tails called Shadow and I to go to help since there had been a big explosion in Eggmans base. As soon as we heard that, Shadow chaos controlled us there, but we were late, Shadow and I went in to try to find Eggman or figure out what had happened. We couldn't find a single thing since the place was still in flames.

We both decided to get out and that's when Tails told us what happened. He had hacked in Eggmans security system before it happened so he knew what had happened.

Eggman was trying to fix Metal Sonic, trying to get him stronger and better to be able to defeat us. But he messed up, he did something wrong and Metal turned against him as well. We saw in the recordings how Metal beat him up to near death then Eggman decided to destroy him.

We saw his expression change when he realized what he had done. My stomach flipped the second I heard him shout in agony in the recording. I quickly shut down the video since I could not watch.

Eggman had made a mistake that cost him his life.

He was gone and now we were not sure what to do.

"I guess you are right." I smiled softly at Shadow then sighed quietly at looking at the mess the explosion had caused.

"But now we have to clean all of this. I'm sure not a single robot made it. Or at least I hope." Rouge said and looked at the base.

I was looking at the mess but I could not help and remember all the adventures I had. All those times I drove Eggman insane. I never thought I would end up missing someone I hated so much.

I looked up at the sky and chuckled softly.

Well Egghead, you gave me quite an adventure, you gave me a purpose, you gave a reason to wake up every single day, you made me who I am today.

Thank you.