72

Outside the hospital, there was a garden and a playground for the patients and the visitors can visit and spend their time in. Soonyoung and Jihoon first went to the cafeteria to buy themselves hot chocolate since it will be really cold outside. Then, they went to the playground where only a few kids were playing.

Jihoon said he wanted the swing, so Soonyoung brought him to the swing and even assisted him as he sat down there. Soonyoung then sat beside him, his eyes never leaving Jihoon as he's still afraid that Jihoon might feel weak again and fall from the swing.

Jihoon looked back at him, laughing at how intent Soonyoung's stares are. "You're melting me down, silly."

Soonyoung tilted his head to his right as he smiled. "I'm just looking after you. You're anxious and distressed again. I don't want you fainting on me again."

Jihoon smiled back. "Are you scared? Of everything that's happening?"

Soonyoung nodded. "Who won't be scared though, Jihoon? Everything's happening too fast. First Mingyu, then Jisoo. I don't want someone else to go next, but if there is, I-I want to know so I could help you save them."

"Thank you, Soon," Jihoon said. "I always have so much to thank you for, that sometimes a simple word of gratitude might never be enough. And I don't know how I can ever pay you back for everything that you're doing for me."

Soonyoung chuckled. "We're both receiving something from each other, Jihoon. No one has to pay back."

Jihoon smiled, nodding. Then he stared straight ahead, and sipped carefully from his cup. Soonyoung mirrored his actions, now they were silent. Jihoon watched the kids playing the seesaw and the slide while feeling the cold wind against his skin despite the thick jacket he was wearing.

"Ji. . ." Soonyoung called out, and Jihoon responded with a hum. "A-Are you. . . a-are you happy?" He asked out of the blue which surprised Jihoon.

Jihoon looked at him, blinking. "W-What do you mean? Of course, I am happy. I have you, the gang, everyone."

Soonyoung met his eyes. "But are you really happy?" He asked. "I mean. . . the whole time I spent with you, you were always afraid and sorry. Even when we first met, you already cried. Sure, I have seen you smile and heard you laugh for a million times now, b-but. . . I-I was always wondering if you're happy. I-If I made you happy enough to still stay here when w-we both know you've got a lot to protect here."

Jihoon chuckled. "Stupid," he commented. "I am happy, Soonyoung. What are you talking about?"

Soonyoung shrugged. "I-I just. . ." then he shook his head. "I feel bad t-that I can't even take away everything that's troubling you. . . y-your clairvoyance, your fears, your worries, your regrets. I just wished I could have done something better to ease everything down for you. I-It's like I'm not doing the most to help you and comfort you. . ."

Jihoon smiled at him fondly, suddenly feeling flutters in his chest and butterflies in his stomach. "Soonyoung, just by seeing you comforts me," he said and giggled in his cute voice. "Do you even know how anxious I always was before I met you? Because I was so afraid that someone out there might die and I am not doing anything to save him. Then I met you. Everything became a lot better when I found you. I wasn't as fearful as I was before because now you're right here with me, and I can look after you and save you. Seeing you eases me down a lot. Just by breathing, Soon, you're already comforting me. So stop that. You're doing a lot for me, there's nothing to question about that."

Soonyoung smiled at him. "Maybe. . . I-I was just afraid that I am so happy with you but I can't make you as happy as you made me. I was afraid I was the only one gaining something from us while I can't even give you everything that you need to be happy with me."