89

It was already one a.m., and still, Jihoon can't bring himself to sleep. He overslept earlier when they arrived here, now here he is, unable to sleep no matter how long he'll close his eyes.

Jihoon carefully took Soonyoung's arms off him, and stood up. He went out of the room and saw that the living room was completely left empty. He looked around, looking for Seungcheol, then he saw him near the window.

He was silently gazing out, silently adoring the sight of the restless city even at midnight. He has a mug on his hand, and knowing Seungcheol, Jihoon is sure that that's milk which helps a lot in making Seungcheol have a good night sleep.

Jihoon went to him and stood beside him. "Can't sleep too?" He asked.

Seungcheol looked at him. "Ji, you're still awake?"

Jihoon nodded. "Unfortunately, I can't sleep," he said and sighed then stared at the city too. "It's a sight, isn't it?"

Seungcheol hummed. "Mm-hmm. Do you need a cup of tea to help you sleep? I can make you one," he said.

Jihoon gazed at him and smiled. "Please do, Cheol."

Seungcheol laughed. "Sure," he replied then tilted his head to his side. "Let's go to the kitchen then."

Jihoon nodded and followed Seungcheol as they went to the kitchen. Jihoon sat on a high chair near the island while watching Seungcheol's back.

"I'm wondering. . . the whole school is with you. Don't you want to stay with them? I'm sure the school secured a place for the athletes," Jihoon asked.

Seungcheol shrugged. "You know I don't like sharing rooms with people," he said. "That's why I chose the couch."

Jihoon chuckled. "Right, of course," he said and nodded, remembering that Seungcheol does hate being in one room with people especially those that he is not close to. "Is it okay that you're here?"

"Mm. I asked permission from coach, he seems to be okay with it," Seungcheol replied and now walked back to the island. He carefully placed the mug on the countertop and slowly pushed it towards Jihoon. "It's hot, be careful."

"Thanks, Cheol," Jihoon said and smiled at Seungcheol. "Your game starts tomorrow, right?"

"Yep," Seungcheol replied and sat beside Jihoon. "You'll come, right?"

"Sure, I will," Jihoon answered and gave Seungcheol's shoulder a light pat. "You'll do well, I trust in your skills."

Seungcheol laughed. "I wish I will."

Jihoon smiled at Seungcheol then gently placed both of his palms on the mug, wanting to feel warmth on his hands. "You should sleep early, you know. It's bad for you to play without proper rest."

Seungcheol stared ahead, watching the white backsplash of the kitchen. "I really can't sleep, Ji. A lot is going on inside my head, I can't silence them," he said and sighed. "You can't sleep peacefully when you aren't in peace in the first place."

Jihoon nodded, because it sure was true. Jihoon felt that. Now that his head is in a mess too, Jihoon can't doze off for all he could see once he closes his eyes is Soonyoung's bloody body in his arms.

Jihoon can't stop thinking of it so Jihoon ended up not visiting dreamland. So here Jihoon is, asking for a tea's help again, like he always do whenever he can't sleep and whenever he's restless.

"Didn't expect to know that tea still is your sleep-inducing drink," Seungcheol said.

Jihoon chuckled. "Caffeine doesn't help, nor milk. Then you introduced tea. I don't know if teas do help or it's just placebo effect."