X.

chapter ten: aliens

***

"You two are way too cute," Carly laughs and watches Hotaru and Marcus fight with each other. Charles and I join Carlys laugh and the two lovebirds look at us in a mocking way. They are in a relationship for about four days by now but they seem like they'd been for way longer. It took them only three dates to kiss each other for the first time.

They have been teasing each other since the moment we got to the park today and wouldn't stop sharing kisses. It was pretty cute and I am really happy for Hotaru to have found someone she likes that much. She is a lovable person after all. 

"If you say so," Hotaru responds making Carly laugh even more. I know that Hotarus answer is connected to the fact that she thinks Charles and Carly are as cute as she and Marcus are. My best friend never agreed to this. I did in the beginning but I have to admit that it wonders me a bit that the haven't kissed each other at all today. Except for holding each others hands they didn't even touch each other in any other way. 

"Carly is right," Charles remarks, "You two are the cutest couple I've seen in a long time." His grin is wide and I can swear that there's blood sticking to his teeth. He already seems a bit off today. The pupils of his eyes are a little bigger than usual and he acts as if he drunk a liter of coffee. It makes me think of the one time I spot him talking to someone underneath the spectator ranks. I didn't tell Carly about it till today and I probably won't do it. If it was something serious Charles would tell her about it. He's her boyfriend after all.

Marcus punches Charles in a friendly way. "Thanks bro. But you two are pretty cute too."

Before Charles can say anything Carly cuts him off. "Okay guys, we can stop now. Poor Auden has to feel left out." She puts one arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to her.

The butterflies are dancing samba. My heart makes a jump and I don't try to stop both of them. In the last week, the feeling of happiness when I'm around Carly got way bigger and I started to stop denying them. I accepted that I fell for my best friend and that I probably will never tell her about it.

"It's fine," I say and wrap my arms around Carly's waist, "I'm sure the right boy for me is out there."

"Or girl," Hotaru teases me and I roll my eyes. Hotaru told us in a game of truth or dare two days ago that she's bisexual-Marcus had been pretty shocked at first but she assured him that she actually preferred men-and so the rest of us was asked the question about sexuality too. I'd had to admit that I consider myself to be pansexual and since then she sometimes makes a friendly joke about it. Without meaning to be mean of course and by now I have a weird feeling about the way she looks at me whenever I'm close to Carly.

I would love to choose one girl in particular.

"Or human being," Marcus continues and draws a laugh from Carly. He, too, likes to make some friendly jokes about the pansexual stuff. He's one of the most supportive people I've ever met.

"Or alien," she jokes and I glare at her which makes her laugh even more. Carly joined the joking only today which leaves Charles as the only one who doesn't think it's nice to make fun of it.

"You think your funny, don't you?," I ask teasingly. Carly, Hotaru and Marcus nod and I have to laugh. My friends really are a funny group of people. 

"Would you take an alien?" Marcus jokes and I do like I have to think about it for a second.

"If the alien doesn't have eight tentacles or looks like Justin Bieber." The others laugh about my answer and even Charles joins in.