Chapter 21: Birthday

"BRO!"

A boy came running up to Damian. He had green skin and green hair. He wore a hoodie and loose jeans. Lindsey stared at the boy, he looked eerily familiar. Or maybe it was just the strange color of his skin.

"Garfield," Damian said as the boy approached him. The green-colored boy wrapped his arms around Damian in a huge hug.

"You should have told me that you got a sexy girlfriend," Garfield said with a wink when he let go. He went around Damian and stood in front of Lindsey. He took her hand and bent over, "Such a beautiful girl." He kissed the back of Lindsey's hand before standing up and giving her a confused look. "Why'd you choose him?"

Damian turned to grab the back of Garfield's hoodie. He picked him up and plopped him down on the opposite side of his body.

"Really, Garfield?" a new boy said when he came up to Damian. He had a Hispanic accent and his looks that matched. "Leave him and his lady alone." He held out his hand in a fist to Damian. Damian tapped his fist against his friends.

"It's good to see you Jamie," Damian said. "Lindsey, this is Jamie and Garfield. They're from Jump City."

"Are they heroes too?" Lindsey whispered.

"Yeah, I'm Beast Boy," Garfield said puffing out his chest pointing his thumb to it.

"And I'm Blue Beetle. No, she does not need to know about you!" Jamie hissed the last part over his shoulder. He turned back to Lindsey with a shy smile. Lindsey looked at him confused. He wasn't offering any explanation, so Lindsey turned to Damian.

"He has a mechanical scarab connected to his spine which talks to him in his mind," Damian said.

"It's not that bad," Jamie shrugged. "It monitors my vitals and can tell when I'm in danger."

"Damian!" a voice squealed. A girl with orange skin, red hair, green eyes, and voluminous body came running up. Behind her was Dick and a girl with blue hair and a red gem between her eyebrows.

The red head swooped Damian into her arms and picked him off the ground. "Happy Birthday!" she placed him on the ground and turned to Lindsey. She bent down a bit to talk to Lindsey. She was even taller than Dick, the tallest of the Wayne Family. "This must be the girlfriend Dick told me so much about. You're even prettier than I imagined."

"And you must be Kori, Dick's girlfriend," Lindsey said.

"My real name is Starfire, but the name I go by on Earth is Koriand'r," she said.

"You're the leader of the Teen Titans," Lindsey said surprised.

"Since Dick left, yes."

Lindsey looked at Dick, it was hard to imagine that nearly twenty years ago, he was running around Gotham in green underpants knocking guys out. Next to Dick was the girl with blue hair.

"This is Raven," Kori introduced when she saw Lindsey eying Raven.

"It's nice to meet you, Raven," Lindsey said, kindly.

"You too," she said. She turned to Damian, "How's Titus?"

"Good, he's getting more energetic," Damian said. Raven nodded. There was no hug between the two, but Lindsey got the vibe that the two of them knew better.

Dick walked up to Damian and gave him a short hug, "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks."

"Damian! Damian! Damian!" a skinny boy came running up to Damian.

"Jon!" Damian actually kind of smiled when he came up and hugged him. "Why are you wearing the glasses?"

Jon pointed at Lindsey then pointed at his chest.